Thursday, 25th of May 2023 - Squat

 25.05.2023

Nice day. Food - I dunno, honestly, about 7/10? Ate decently. Yesterday I didn't eat well, but I was happy with the variety. Sleep? No idea either, ngl, about 7/10 as well? Woke up, waited, gave a lesson, now i'm having my third moka. We squat. Week 7, Session 2.

5 sets of 4 with 80%. So, I think we can go from 175 to 195? Sounds reasonable... Maybe. We'll see. Today is not as hot and humid as yesterday, and I might have gotten fed well.

Workout

Little warmup

Squat

20

70 and 120 for 5

150 for 5

175 for 4 alright. Only lost my upper back on the last rep. The first three were very smooth.

175 for 4 way better, but I was very uneven. I'm trying to keep my ribs down, and that eliminates the uncomfortable upper movement - when you want or have to push your knees forward, that's awkward, and when you keep your ribs down it's not awkward. But I unracked it in a very unstable manner, and picnked my finger when racking it. Not very nice, but okay. That's why I'm gonna stick to 175 for the moment. The heat is still continuing, humidity feel still high, albeit lower than yesterday, thankfully. I'm sweating more than I wish I did.

175 for 4 okay, good enough, even though the move isn't perfect, it feels alright. I took a much more narrow grip, and somehow that meant the bar is way less stable on my back, rolling upwards (and thus forward) on ascent. I have to find proper grip width, not super narrow.

180 for 4 okay, put the belt on too tight. So awkward all day today.

180 for 4 okay, better I think

I'm realising I'm doing the very relaxed, very deep complete ATTG type of squat today. It's weird. I want a tighter, more controlled, and, subsequently, less deep squat. I feel like it's gonna give me more power. Today? It's something. At least I know I'm flexible enough for it. For this ridiculous thing I do.

Some rubber lat pulls, then a break and I put away the bar. Too tired to continue in the garage.

Upstairs

Floor supported ring pulls

5, 15, 15, 15 - feels good, easy, but my lats and other muscles are working. It's like 40-60 kgs on a pulldown machine. In the end I started doing something similar to a muscle up.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR