May 24th, Wednesday - Deadlift, curls, high humidity

 24.05.2023

Nice day. Sleep - at least 8/10, nutrition - 77/100, although it's been a while since I ate. Kind of a messy day yesterday, so I woke up a little too late today. Bought a different coffee, now I'm enjoying it. It's different, medium roast, not as crunchy, and it tastes thicker. Jardin Colombia Supremo, and the color on the package looks awesome. Wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for the cool blue color. I might have even posted this before, but just to remind you. (I bought a 1 kg pack though).

Today, we have deadlift. Week 7, Session 1. Heavy weights! Actually, not that heavy, hehe. But there's no way it's still week 7, I thought...

And I think I did screw up a little. I should have been more thorough, but it happened again - I've been repeating some microcycles nonstop. It seems to work out well for me, however.

I think I'm in love with confusing myself. A fallacy, but a psychological one - "always assume you're wrong". Well, I fell for it. I did not repeat any microcycles. Today is indeed week 7, session 1 and we're lifting heavy 4 sets of 6 - 72,5. I think we'll go from 217 to 232, roughly. Reasonable? Perhaps. Should be easy.

Workout

Warmup - some, mostly lower body moves

Deadlift

20 - 70 - 120

160 for 6 overhand

190 for 1 overhand and 1 or 2 with straps (can't remember)

You know, I think my bar might not really be bent. Maybe it's my shabby metal plates that make it look bent sometimes (they got a big hole, so they're leaning out when they're on the bar).

Today's the first really humid night of the year, and also the first time I'm doing DL in shorts.

218 for 6 - a little too difficult for my taste, but no matter, today's the day I'm adjusting to the summer climate.

Finally shaved. I was much more thorough today. Washing your face first helps a lot. Shaved my mustache and beard except for goatee, so I still have the "woodsman goatee", if you will, Yes, the one from ESO.

218 for 6 better, still no music. Unconsciously I'm putting down the bar way too gently, adding the slow negative (cause it's too late). Discipline, gotta get it back, at least some.

I think I'm very dehydrated. But it's okay. The "inital warmup" is coming to an end.

218 for 6 - way better, listeting to Metal Daze (Manowar, in case it's not obvious). Serve God by lifting metal and by playing metal. It's meaningful.

223 for 6 alright, decent. I gotta make this week a bit lighter, perhaps. Maybe not. It's a wave of efforts. I'm glad to be able to be consistent enough.

***

Wanna do some curls and lat work. And also I wanna write about Sims 3...

I was able to uncorrupt my first ever save. It was as simple as moving it into a differently named folder. How curious. It used to boggle me so much in 2017. To think, it's the character I created in 2009! Before the game officialy came out!

If they ever do release Sims 5 they better make it good. Else I'll be upset. They've gotten stuck in the wrong mindset with Sims 4.

Man, I'm such a gamer. Wouldn't have been if gaming wasn't such a forbidden rebellious activity when i was growing up!

Curls

6+6 kg dbs for 20 reps both hands

6+6 kg dbs for 20 reps one hand

47 kg ez bar - 1 set of 20 nice, in better shape now. (But I had to make a break after 12 to tighten the plates)

Words "sentence" and "sentience" are related.

32 kg kettle, one arm curls - 5 reps, aleternating. Pretty difficult, awkward object for this.

Tomorrow I'll do squats and pullups.

***

Jean de La Fontaine: Fables choisies, mises en vers par Mr. de La Fontaine.

Author - Jean de La Fontaine  (1621–1695)

Illustrator - François Chauveau  (1613–1676)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR