May 17th 2023, Wednesday - DL 85% 5 sets of 2 (Week 6 Session 2), Explaining my program
17.05.2023
Nice day. Sleep - 8/10, and yesterday was even better in that regard. Food 6/10 or more, decent, I think I have all the nutrients I need.
Having coffee. Playing with text generators. Revealing unconscious truths to myself. My early childhood was somewhat traumatising. Not very much, but, you know, a little bit. I was tense back then, and I am still tense now, so afraid to tell people what I want. Or maybe it's an incorrect guess, rather than a sound hypothesis. It's possible too, Human mind is one obscure matter. Human body is even more so - discovering more knowledge about it raises an exponential amount of questions.
***
Week 6, Session 2 - feels like I oughta be further by now, but it's no biggie, it's a very dynamic program, you can sort of start and repeat any parts of it whenever. due to mobile max idea. It's like RPE, as I've mentioned before, but possibly more sensible as we set specific boundaries on what we consider or minimum max and how it should be performed (the heaviest weight you can lift with ease and beauty). And supermax is, well, above your planned max, just in case you're stronger than you think you are. And the point is to find a balance between them.
So, out minimax has been set to 290 (quite optimistically) and supermax is 310 (in DL).
And we are lifting 85% for 5 sets of 2. Another accidental collision with a previous session, hehe.
So, we'll be going from 245 to 263? Sounds nice. 245 - 250 - 255 - 260 - 263. That's the plan for now.
And that is the old percentage list that has been working so well for me in everything. I'm posting it again.
Workout
Warmup - some. BW moves, ez bar dl. Idea - toe squats! Become an animal, not using its heels to step on the ground! Strengthen your foot hundredfold! Lifting metal can be creative.
Deadlift
20 - 70 - 120
160 for 5 overhand
200 for 3 - tried doing it overhand first, but did with mixed grip. I've missed out on my grip again, time to bring it back. Did it with left hand overhand (unusual for me)
230 for 3 pretty easy, also mixed grip, this time right hand is overhand (more normal for me)
245 for 2 with straps - nice and easy, head pressure not very high. Also, I've been lifting it with a high belt, not very tight.
It's really warm today.
250 for 2
255 for 2
260 for 2 nice, so easy with Manowar and chanting my cues. I really oughta writes epic mysyc about the literal metal itself, hehe.
263 for 2 great 😃 realistically, it's another small PR for real, as I've never deadlifted this weight for 2 reps :D Listening to Manowar - Thor. Then Mountains, then Sign of the Hammer, enjoying myself so much.
Thank God! It is a real revealing experience. It's something unusual, something special. Almost like a personal little revelation. Maybe not even almost. As you direct your eyes to God - you feel it. Something that not all can feel!
Descpite my failings at overhand barbell lifts, I've managed to pinch lift a pair of my dusty 25 kg plates, almost fully! With the right. And for the left - I liften them up with both hands and then released my right a few times, leaving the left to hold it.
Later, I did some Vulcan gripper closes (1-1 and 2-2 with chrome spring (like CoC2 I guess)), and dynamometer after all this - around 88 kgs on right, I think about 75 on left? Gotta help my left.
RPotD - Fritz Baer - Abendstimmung - G 10501 - Lenbachhaus
DL video


Comments
Post a Comment