Monday, 8th of May - Pushpress, another technical cue discovered

 08.05.2023

Nice day. Sleep - a little weird, but nice, at least 6/10. I managed to sleep earlier today, so I woke up earlier. Food - also nice, at least 65/100.

Having coffee. Feels nice. Overall feels pretty great. Some dark things about the water. But not too bad. Got a lesson cancelled, but not a big deal. That's why I've decided to try and get a more conventional job that happens to align with my interests. One of those things I can partake in without being distracted.

Done some stuff. Chopped in half that tree outside that fell a long time ago. It's still alive, but bent. Got grapevines on it. First I sawed off some branches, chopped it half of the way with a small axe, but picked a heavier one and it was much easier. Took me some effort. Some internal things happening in my mind. Can't share all of them. Felt something unusual. A very unusual experience.

Now I'm having my second coffee. It's 19:38. This chopping and dragging the tree felt like a mini workout. Loaded up my right arm a lot. Fun, though. I love how my connective tissues aren't very fragile. I used to feel like they were, but now they don't. Also, I think I've grown heavier. 109 kgs in some clothing with food inside. But of course, food doesn't count. But it is a factor.

And it's 9 PM. Hmm. Not unusual.

Week 7, Session 1 - 62,5% for 6, 72,5% for 4 sets of 6 and finally, a "strict single" with 82,5%. And BTW, we're not doing it at the same week-pace, just to remind you. It's a biweekly cycle, if that makes sense - three sessions per two weeks, a very comfortable layout - monday - saturday - thursday. So it's two 3 4 day breaks and one 4 3 day break between OHP sessions. Same for squats, and deadlift once per week, so for deadlift it's a whole 6 day break.

So, what is our minimax and supermax for today? I believe it's reasonable to take 140 as minimax, and 150 as supermax. So, we end up with 85-95 for first set (I reckon we best just settle on a round number like 90), and then going from 100 to 112. Sounds quite reasonable. I may want to sharpen the ascention in weights, like 100 - 110 - 112 - 112. Hmm. Should be easy?..

Changing my acousing guitar strings for the first time ever. Only about 1.5 years since I got it! Hehe. I happened to have a pack of acoustic strings left. Smart. Great to have strings in advance. Now to clean the body and fretboard. Also, I realised I have a special peg remover notch on my string winder.

Workout

Warmup - some db presses, body moves

Push press

47 kg ez bar - first a few presses (around 20), shoulders feel strangely lactic. Is it from my little time chopping wood earlier? Wouldn't make a lot of sense.

47 kg ez bar - some pushpresses

20 and 60 - kind of uneven for my right side.

90 for 6 very easy, but not very groovy

100 for 6 same

110 for 6 kind of really awkward. Not very good at all. But okay. Let's see what happens if we can reach the "warmup". I'm really undisciplined right now. The push is bad and uneven, And it feels like I'm using an overly wide again. Let's see what we can do...

113 for 5 fail, right arm weak again

It's consistent with what I've been experiencing before. Interesting. Last workout - on Thursday - it was right after Wednesday's DL, so you'd assume it'd be a difficult workout, but it wasn't. I had 4 days of rest between Saturday and Thursday. Hmm. Just realised I have two 4 day rests in my two weeks/three workouts cycle, and one three day rest - between Thursday and Monday (today). So, Mondays are supposed to be taken lighter?.. Seems reasonable.

I reckon it's sensible to not use high supermax on days with only three rest days. It's not bad today and I still can salvage a decent set. I'm eager to see how I handle my Saturday workout. It's gonna be different.

113 for 6 - finally, a good one. Brain overflown with serotonin. My monologue has turned humorous, and that is quite a sign of feeling the victory.

118 for 1 - very good too, shot up to straight arms.

So, here is the important technical bit of the day - when unracking, your feet need to go past the bar, so you're unracking with your hips. and the bar is between your clavicle and neck, more in your neck. But "bar in neck" isn't the most correct cue, cause you can lean forward and try to unrack with your knees and back rather than your hips.

Today, the car was close to the racks and I did not realise I was unracking with my knees, not hips.

I only fear I'll forget that cue again xD I oughta draw one large poster of an overhead presser - or maybe make it with a photo - and hang it on the wall with the description of all the small cues I've been discovering.

Also, I think it could be a nice time to incorporate some cleans into the work as well. Some olympic stuff. It's warm on the street.

Cleaned, oiled the fretboard, and restrung the acoustic guitar. That awesome feeling of fresh dingy strings. I oughta consider trying to record something on it. Anything. Demo, not demo. It'll go into an album if I do it.

RPotD

World's Columbian Exposition: Ferris Wheel, Chicago, United States, 1893. Bird's eye view from Ferris Wheel looking east; 'WF'. Brooklyn Museum Archives, Goodyear Archival Collection (S03_06_01_016 image 2191)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR