May 3rd, Deadlift - 80%, 4 sets of 5

 03.05.2023

Nice day. Not much. No bad stuff. Sleep - 6/10, nutrition - about the same. Having my second moka now. Tried adding a tiny bit of salt into the beans, for the sake of curiosity. I've done worse, hehe. Doesn't feel like it changed anything.

Today we're deadlifting. It's Week 5, Session 2 - in the program, that is. I'm doing DLs once a week. So, it's 80% for 5 sets of 4. I think we'll pick the working weight from 230 to 250. Should be reasonable? I feel like it is.

***

Coffee is working, judging by how negative my thinking has turned. To be fair, it was slightly negative beforewards.

Oh well. I have DLs today. And it's already almost 8 PM once again.

***

Now it's almost 10. What is wrong with me? Well, I played guitart and got a little bother by more than one person. Helped. Yeah, coffee really is working strong. Well, let's see how we can perform after all that.

Workout

No upstairs warmup

Deadlift

20 - 70

Tried an even wider X-stance. Muscles love it, but right hip hurts. Narrowed it back. After all, I'm not very tall.

120 for 5

160 for 5 overhand, no chalk - kinda hard

200 for 5 alright. Still the warmup

230 for 5 forgot I'm supposed to do 4 😁 As expected, the barbell warmup - when you lift the bar below your working sets - is very hard and scary, but it simply does not reflect what the working sets are going to be! This is mind blowing. This goes against conventional logic - if you look at the surface. Under the surface, however, there are still somewhat simple mechanisms that work differently than you think. It's complicated, however, by my searches of ways to understand my subconscious and communicate with it. I feel like when I imagine that I communicate with it that obscure part of me is mnore understanding of what I want from it. Curious little hint.

240 for 4 ate a banana and drank too much tea and milk 😁 Couldn't inhale deeply when I bent down, so I tried an alternative and put my belt high. I reckon that helped a little. But it's only an alternative move.

250 for 4 - hard to say the RPE, cause I was feeling a bit off, technique-wise. That is the problem with what I did on the previous set. First two reps were really non-smooth, then I had to pause and repoisiton the belt higher, and rip the weight off the floor with the good ol' Geoleeman heave. George Leeman... He is a nostalgic figure. He's like a comic book villain that you empathize with very much. He ios, sadly, in almost every way like me if I made slightly different choices in life. So, he's not like me, but I understand him all too well for my own liking. His deadlift advice was very bad, except for technique. His technique was pretty good. Touch and go DL - that is just fallacious thinking that I fell victim to. He was a noob when he came to conclude that he likes doing it for ego reasons, and can't say no to feeling good, so he rationalized quite fallaciously and massively counterproductive to the so-called-sport of powerlifting.

I put powerlifting down very often, cause it's a shit sport, but it's only a shit sport cause people made it that. I guess I naturally do care about it and I'm very upset that it became what it is nowadays.

250 for 4, nice, better than previous, except before the 4th rep I got a cramp in my leg raiser muscle and had to do a few silly donkey kicks, didn't rid of it and still did the last set rather slowly. The belt was high on this one again.

So, it's not over yet, but we definitely should switch to a different set of maxes (minimax and supermax). It is an approach similar to RPE, minimax being low RPE and supermax being high rpe. In our case, 250 is 80% of 312,5. Reasonable? Perhaps. BTW I listened to Lord of Steel on this set. The album and the song have a special place in my heart.

250 for 4 - nice, a load of struggling, arguably easier than the previous set, but I had to wait out another cramp. It is such a good moment I wanna genuinely upload it to youtube for everyone, but it just doesn't matter that much, the cinematography isn't great. What is great is how I felt and what I said in the end.


RPotD





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR