Saturday, April 15th - Squat, sector define rare
15.04.2022
Nice day. Sleep - uncertain, maybe 6/10. Nutrition - at least 65/100, above average. Worked succesfully yesterday and today. Played RDR2 and online. Online was upsetting. Modders and griefers. But in the end it was okay. Too much of a waste of time. You just spend way too much time riding around. And it's okay when you're on a horse, but not when you're on a wagon. Better when you got a nice album to listen to. Wanna play the other game I tried recently. Maybe I will tonight.
It's 5:41 PM. Early for me. Gotta do some stuff. Gotta watch a lecture or two. Finish the homework I've started on thursday. Not too much time has passed since then.
It's been quite a few days since I've done something "distracting" succefully. Disproves some of my materialistic views on the human brain. There are more factors at play. What am I talking about? Well, it's obvious, my dear! *walks away*
Wanna play and record. Just haven't really got an idea what to sing about. Wanna make a longer, groovier song. Like, really long. Like some of them stoner metal bands do, but not the same.
Just finished my coffee. It's decent, maybe even above decent, maybe even 75 out of 100 taste-wise. Only feel a little bit of caffeine, however. Hmm. Wanna have more. I just do. What's it gonna be like? Well, tomorrow isn't a very busy day. But I am generally busy. Even right now. I think I'll make another coffee and then you and I talk about some very dark stuff (not too dark).
☕☕☕
Ah, well, maybe let's not talk about that stuff. It's boring. Made another moka. Previous one didn't condense all the water. There was less of it. And now that it's 100% arabica that means there's 10% less caffeine than in 80/20.
And now it's 8 PM. I played with the audio system I dug up. It works, both speakers. The only real useful thing to do with it is to listen to something on it - i.e. mix specifically for it.
I'm so upset that I lost something I had. I have no idea what it is. But I feel like I lost it. Music wise. Okay.
My brain is simply very compressed. A good time to do compressed things.
Had a second moka and then an oldschool 60 brew (small). So, I had more coffee today.
Today I wanna reshape my workout. So we'll be doing 8 - 6 - 5 - 5 reps. With weights starting from, perhaps, 150 and endging, maybe, with 180? So 150 - 160 - 170 - 180. Sounds reasonable!
I should go back to my roots. Discover the forgotten again. Bit by bit. Sweet pain.
***
Workout
Squat
Almost no initial warmup
I think I switched to high bar as my main method of squatting. Isn't that lovely?
20 - 50
100 for 8
150 for 8 - basically I've done a "quick warmup" with these sets
160 for 6 - okay. Does not feel great. But it's still sort of a "heavy warmup". I need to categorize my different types of warmups and what they mean.
170 for 5 reps - very nice, a little messy. On one rep I the center of the mass shiftet forward too much, so I had to rise with curled up abs. On the outside it doesn't seem that different, cause I got decently sized abdominus, ha ha. And a tight wide belt. That was the third rep, the problematic one. I tried to fix it, 4th rep was a bit more of a back squat, and the 5th rep felt like an ideal weightlifting type of squat. Using legs, pushing knees forward in the final part.
Now, for the next weight I wanna get all the small things going for me. 170 wasn't fatiguing, it's very different from deadlift. But I need a lot more micro-management concentration for squat, if you will. So I'll wash and chalk up my hands a tiny bit - it's important on squat too, you don't want your greasy acidic palms burning through the bar. I will put my large headphones (small ones broke again), and I will film myself from a nice looking angle, since there's free space in the garage today. I believe spelling all this out in advance is one of these small things that helps me concentrate nicely.
180 for 5 - okay, decent. I think I undersquatted ever so slightly. Maybe it's parallel at best. Probably not. But I am still satisfied, because I know that reaching the bottom is only one part of the lift. I believe it is a small PB.
!NB - I am convinced I simply tightened the belt too much. It did its job and created extra pressure in my gut. And that might be one of the reasons I undersquatted a bit. Next time I will try better, possibly with a smaller wight. However, I remember my previsou consensus that declared that depth shouldn't be a priority over avoiding injury risk. Hmm... Well, thank God, my little groin tear only bothered me for a moment today, and only outside of squat. So I will try deeper on monday, thursday and next saturday.
100 - 3 sets of 5 ATG (ass to the grass, hehe). It's an old commonplace abbreviation. It felt good, and I felt proper leg and abdominal load.
Overhead press - super full range, from limbo to 180 degrees
30 - 3 sets of 15
Underrated exercise, if performed correctly, without heaving. Good bloodflow!
Front rack
30 kgs - could not rack it yet
50 - was close to racking it properly. Not there, but also not too much pain. I even walked out with it.
50 - 2 more sets. Okay. Suddenly just afraid of something snapping 😁
***
Happy Easter! Christ is risen!
Back in the day I used to go to church more often. I reckon at some point I'll find it comfortable to do it once again.

Comments
Post a Comment