Monday, April 24th - A lovely pushpress workout, drumming
24.04.2023
Nice day. Sleep - 6/10, nutrition - 8/10. A tiny bit more disciplined, but far from perfect or even from what I planned. Not too much to worry about. Almost 8 PM now, but I've done my minimal pre-warmup. Coffee? One moka while giving a lesson, one over the next hour, and one traditional 60 bean brew. Going from 107 to 115, I think. 5 sets of 4, and before that a 100 for 5, as dictated by the program. 5o4 isn't the only working set portion.
Workout
Pre-warmup - a little bit, not very thorough
Push press
20 and walking around the garage with a bar in the rack position - it's empty today. Realised that flipping the bar might be a solution to it seemingly being bent in an unusual direction (it must have gotten flipped). I put stickers "on top" of the bar, and one of them is a bit more uneven - that's supposed ot be the left one, I assume.
50 and 70 for 5
100 for 3 unusual. Rotators still feel strangely fatigued. Not a problem.
108 for 5 much better, some music in my large monitor headphones
Drummed! Once again, it has been a while. I decided to forego all hte boring warmups etc. and do some freeform drumming along to a progressive metal band called Meridian or something. Lamentis - Meridian by Matthew Jordaan. Fun times. There's quite some beat changes. I think I need to tighten up my snare. And I wanted to add the lithium lube to one of the cymbal screws for a long time. I have it, so I shall add it.
108 for 5 - something about my rotator cuffs still makes it feel weak. But okay!
108 for 5 - better, utilized old cues and got a much better tempo. Also I wore the belt somewhat tight in a weightlifting manner (not on the stomach).
Drummed to As Yggdrasil. I'm a massive speeder. I really tend to over speed up the drums when it's time to make the tempo a tiny bit faster.
113 for 5 - better, so much better! RPE 6 despite some wiggling. Thank God, Hallelujah! Manowar helped too. My pushpress song - Let the Gods Decide. It used to be primarily associated with PP. (of course, I condemn heathen imagery outside of art. In art - not a problem, cause it's just gentle art created withing the civilization raised by the Christian Church).
Now I wanna squat. Loaded the bar down to a 100, but decided not to do it right away. I overxtended my leg, triggering the thing I had in 2016 after surgery. Couldn't overextend my leg back then! In retrospective, I realise I should have been more active earlier on when it came to redeveloping the joint. But it hurted and it hurted gently recently when my leg got extended to what felt like 195 degrees 😁
Squat
103 - 103 - 123 - 143 - 153 for 3 reps - felt good, despite my tweak.
I was overwhelmed with superstitious fear on the last set, but once again, Thank God for being able to overcome it, and nothing bad happened, definitely proving it was superstitious. Haven't had that kind of fear in a long time. Beginners often have it after their first ever tweak. And washed up meatheads complain instead of fearing 😁
Reached the "Groove" today. The good feeling. Serotonin, perhaps? Maybe. Feels good. Now I only have to let Mr. Discipline into my room and not let Mr. Pleasure in my cabinet during working hours xD It is a funny analogy I came up with in my head. I believe it helps me with some of my habits.
File:Alfred T. Ordway - Landscape - 1981.787 - Museum of Fine Arts.jpg

Comments
Post a Comment