Deadlift, Wednesday 19th [electronics card reliance]
19.04.2023
Nice day. Calm so far. On monday, I stayed up as usual. Before that, on sunday, I couldn't help myself but fall asleep around 10 PM and wake up at 5 in the morning. Same thing happened yesterday. I felt a little extra tired after my monday workout, but I kept going the way I do "normally". So, yesterday I was sleepy all the time. Might not have gotten too much sleep. Also I moved my melatonin jar to another spot where I'm less likely to eat it too early, and I guess that lead to me not eating it at all, which might be extranatory as to why my sleep is different, not to come to any early conclusions. I don't feel bad. I know coffee will work on me. This sleep change feels somewhat natural. I feel sleepy, but I don't feel like I can fall asleep. It's like there's two different types of liquids in your brain which get restored during sleep, and now their restoration is out of sync. One is full, another one - not so much. Seemingly complex biological hypothesis came out of nowhere.
Had one moka. It's midday. It's a poorly made moka, but the taste is great, espcially with some thick milk afterwards. I'm thinking of practicing to screw on the top part of the moka pot so I can brew it without losing pressure and thus coffee (when it doesn't push all the water up). Cause when you screw it onto the bottom part with coffee grounds already in it, then if you decide to take it off so you can rescrew it back on it's a huge mess. I guess I'll go and do it. Wish me luck.
Well, you can congratulate me - I manged to screw it on well. However, it was not the root of my problems. The coffee kept spewing water, as if there was not enough pressure. Why doesn't it come out gently? I guess on my third one I shall either try pouring more water, OR putting it on a smaller fire. OR stuffing less coffe grounds inside, hehe. Not too smart sometimes.
Apparently you are not supposed to use very fine stuffed coffee when making moka. How curious. I will be using less. And only one grind. And normal water amount, not too much. And significantly smaller fire.
***
13:39. Third moka. I think I've done it right. Coarse grounds, not overstuffed, screwed on further than before. I used a large fire instead of small BUT I placed on additional support, so the flames were not touching the pot. Sadly, the mystery is still there, because I went away as it being brewed, what a shame. Now to taste it. It feels surprisingly more hot than before, the pot, that is...
Tastes good. Pretty rich. Thicker! That's a win.
Now it's been a while. Almost 3. I got DLs today. And learning later in the day, or at night. What are my DLs going to be? Well, last time I've done 4 sets of 4 with 80%. It was pretty hard. So, once again, we have coinciding workouts, except this time in a different order. We're going to do 3 sets of 2 with 82,5%, which would be 247 or more. Should be made powerful. It's a calm chill day so far.
Workout
Okay. A little "distracted". Had a pastry with the last coffee.
No upstairs warmup
Deadlift
20 - 70 - 120 - 160
200 for 2
230 for 2
248 for 2 - so good, RPE 7. Felt nigh blood pressure around my ears and throat though (a little unusual). Put my thick dumbbell collars onto the bar, each 1.5 kgs. I've been feeling uneasy with the lack of balance, attributing it at least partially to sliding spring collars which I've been using since 2014. They're nice, good enough for most moves, but large collars - locks, as we call them - are better.
248 for 2 okay, put on some music
248 for 2 - RPE 6! I loosened the belt by a notch. Maybe it's just gonna be better! It was so nice and smooth!
248 for 2 - great! And now I'm done. Well, almost.
Hung out in the garage a bit, unracked the plates. I pinched a 20 kg plate with just my fingertips as I was unracking it. Not the whole finger length, but just them. It's cool, but over many years it starts to feel trumatic.
Bent over rows
70 - 3 sets of 10
This time I tried making it's "stricter", more bodybuilding like. the center of mass is on my toes and that somehow feels so cool, as if I'm playing with some physics gadget. That's gotte be endorphins, he he.
My ENJOYMENT level is very high. It is a skill to learn. Learning to enjoy something takes quite some effort. Especially your life as a whole 😂
See, I've taken inspiration from Arthur Morgan with my capitalization. I feel like it might become a habit for me. Arthur is such an introspective character! Literally me, but unlickier and sturdier in the head. ("Literally me" is a meme that I am quoting. It is a sign of the times).
Floor supported ring pullups, light, on wrists
10 and 15 - keeping it chill, tomorrow might be pretty heavy as well
RPotD
Cool awesome autumnal wallpaper from pixelstalk.net

Comments
Post a Comment