April 29th, Saturday - Decent pushpress, technique, thumb position misconception
29.04.2023
Nice day. Nutrition - 6/10, sleep feels like 75/100 or more, despite being fragmented once again.
Had a few things to write about. Coffee. I want more intense coffee. The taste is better, but the effect isn't the same. 80/20 coffee wasn't too bad after all. Also I'm tempted to have an oldschool large coffee. Which is a handful of beans over roughly three large cups of water. Could be fun.
It's OHP today. Thank God, my knee is good. Can do PP. 72% for 5 and 82% for 4 sets of 3. So, 100 for 5 and, perhaps, going from 115 to 122 on 4 sets of 3. Should not be too difficult? It's about time I reaccumulated some skill and energy.
Yesterday I felt bad. Physically. I had a yearning for something like fruit or juice. Must be vitamins. Instead, I've had a few teas with honey. Got a strong lasting headache. In the end I gave up and took a couple of painkiller pills. Well, the basic ones, not the strong ones that we happen to have in our house now.
Been playing Red Dead Online, and a bit of normal offline. Arguing with a modder. He did not wish to repent, so I had to report him. Let's hope he does get banned. They've been upsetting me way too much. And normal pvp in this game can be toxic too, even if it doesn't feel like it. Well, not be toxic, but feel toxic. But hey, at least I've gotten good enough not to die every time.
The game feels futile when I talk about it this way. But it's inspiring. Imagery, action, thinking.
I want more coffee more quickly. Maybe I am going to try the oldschool. I wanna be "naturally high" and inspired every day. May want to spend more time in the sun, perhaps.
Made an "odlschool brew". About 35-36 grams of arabica, 317 grams of water, over fire, brought to a boil and kept on a small fire for a while. Now let's give it a taste...
The taste is nice. Intense. Powdery, if that makes sense. Powdery thick unfiltered texture, rather than taste, perhaps.
***
8:30. Feeling a bit stale for no good reason. What do I want anyway?
Played guitar. A little unusally for the latest times - just through the headphones. It is a smarter choice when it comes to expression and recording. You're not drowned out (by the room resonance). You play different things when it's just headphones.
I'm wasting my brain energy on that damn silly game. Oh well. I oughta stop it. That online toxic grindfest. I mean, it is inspiring. It's just that it's not what I expect from a proper game. It needs to be different.
Or, I just realised - I might be supposed to do 5 sets of 2 with 85%. Let's see...
No, I have developed a pseudo memory. Must have confused the last time I've done 3s.
Workout
Some warmup
Pushpress
20 - 50 - 73
103 for 5 nice, still not warmed up
115.5 for 3 - after quite impulsively swallowing some food, since it's been a very long time since I ate. I'm working out fasted. It's as if you had supper and then worked out the next day after dinner, without having dinner. It's been around 10 hours since I ate?..
115.5 for 3 - nice, kind of very easy, even though the right side of the bar janked forward on the last set, I locked it our well
123 for 3 nice, alright
123 for 3 - insanely ugly, I racked it a bit wrong, the bar was being held on my "interrosius manus" - the muscle between thumb and index finger.
53 - 3 sets of 3 - finishing the technique.
What an upset! I once again realised I've been following a wrong technique tip I gave myself. Side-thumb is a very wrong idea that effectively shortens my arm and does not allow me to hold the bar with my whole hand! Back to locked-style thumb, the index and middle finger going right over it.
The bar can go into my neck if I do it right! I.e. much closer to the center of the mass.
Picture attached
2 sets of 15 each arm
2 set of 15 - harder, folded it in twain
I noticed my lats weren't cramping, so I decided to do some curls.
Curls
6+6 kg dumbbells - 2 sets of 10
27 kg ez bar for 10
37 kg ez bar for 10
47 kg ez bar - 2 sets of 10 - very nice, almost caught up to my old shape. And it was almost completely strict - I might have been waving around, but not heaving it up.
Feels very good. Hope it'll all get better and I can give myself a more consistent energy level day by day. Looking forward to tomorrow and Monday!
RPotD


Comments
Post a Comment