Saturday, January 28th - Poor recovery and OHP

 27.01.2023

Well, to me it's still friday, but technically it's already 28th. I wanna write some stuff about FO4. Didn't have much energy for describing things earlier on thursday.

I've been playing around in NAI more. I tried out their module-training feature - the universes update that AID still hasn't got :( What do you know, NAI guys are better businessmen or something. Smart guys. No wonder they had so much internal drama when they started out. It's been two years for them! Almost two years by now. And I've been there at the start.

FO4 has sort of a lacking dialogue system. Those are the demands of the modern day era - can't just use text anymore. Gotta have everything voiced and acted. GTA solves this issue by forcing you to listen to dialogues as you drive. Simple gameplay.

28.01.2023

Nice day. Not much. Little but enough food, little sleep, some work done. Thoughts slow, sort of. Might wanna indulge myself at some point soon. With additional sleep, that is. A little weird. You'd think an undisplined person would get enough sleep. Perhaps I should be qualified as impulsive rather than undisciplined.

Been enjoying FO4. Somehow, in my current playthrough, Survival mode is so much harder. Harder than my first Survival playthrough! Must be cause I'm not using modded weapons or stuff from the p2w DLC (Nuka World). Yes, in Survival offense is your best defense.

Yesterday I did a few quests. Most notably - my favorite one, Taking Indepedence. Well, not just this quest, but the "Old Guns" too. I love the Fort. Everything about it.

Whenever I see settlers in game I just wanna know about them and their life. That's what I wanted to write about. I created "training material" for a NAI module. Penrod by Booth Tarkinton (one of my favorite childhood books), along it I decided to add some Tom Sawyer, thinking about it Rafael Sabatini came to mind, so I stuffed some Captain Blood in there as well, then I finally added some FO4 lore from the wiki, and I decided to top it off with some of AID's training material - Eternal fanfic/CYOA. Talia, Cyrus and others.

Well, it turned out to be an entertaining mess. But without it I would have realised what mistakes I'm making. Ultimately, NAI knows a lot of words, and the training material is supposed to represent the final result. Training material just changes the likelyhood, the percentages of different things coming up. It builds stronger connection between some things and weakens other connections.

If you got a phone with autofill - you have a variation of a GPT at your hands. That's exactly how it works. It picks one of the options to create seemingly coherent text. One words changes the likelyhood of another word appearing. Stronger enginges create a longer "web" of connections, deeper in the context.

Well, yesterday it took me, I think, about 5 attempts to finish clearing the castle. At first, things went very smoothly - the Mirelurk queen got blown up, but two of the three Minutement died. Only the radio DJ survived, cause he's marked essential. I bet he has some kind of backstory. Somebody designed this character and at first gave him a thick Boston accent, but then he becomes a DJ on Radio Freedom and he gets a distinguished, eh, trans-atlantic-ish manly voice.

I was really upset that only one survived, so I realoded a save. This time I gave them armor and stimpaks, but they died again. Next time I was the one who got killed by a legendary glowing mirelurk cause I was too laid back, I guess, too bored. Then things got excited. Another attempt - the "smart Minuteman" - the one who suggested the firing line - got melted by the big shrimp, and finally the last attempt and it went alright. I gave them armor and weapons. This time the girl did not grab the flamethrower. She always does! I thought it was a script, until I found it lying on the shelf. There needs to be more active AI like this. Once I'm done taking over all of Commonwealth normal settlements and establishing a SS2 Caravan Network I might turn on Pack Attack mod. It's pretty great.

Then I took Preston and engaged in some settlement gameplay. Country Crossing joined after I told them I cleared out Taffington. I did a part of the Lost Partol quest - fighting super mutants at the sattelite array was pretty hard. Oh man, I really yearn for realistic-sized Bethesda maps. Same as they are now, but spread over larger space, thus spread a little thinner, but it is just better. It is. It would be. FO76 has it. It's got a larger map with enough adventures. Admittedly, you are given faster movement speed in this game. And fast travel almost never got disabled. Oh man, I so wish they would bring back the so called FO76 Survival. The worlds update was kind of pathetic and lazy on their part. I'm glad I managed to experience FO76 Nuclear Winter at least for a while. Never won, but there was a couple fun moments. Man, I'd be playing Fallout 76 right now if it had the Survival Mode. If the PVP and PVE encounters were as fun and as challening as FO4.

Me and Preston came to Greentop Nursery, where an old man and his wife lived. They did not have enough of anything, so I couldn't build any proper defenses. Had to fight and hide from the missile-slinging super mutants when they showed up. It was not really hard, but still intense. I kept using Righteous Glory (unique laser gun), but it's mostly unmodded - still has standart capacitor. Weak, but good enough as an assault-type of weapon.

Foolishly, I decided to do one of BoS radiant quests and went into the Malden Center metro station - I think you go there on one of the Railroad quests. It was very long and exhausing for my player character. Somehow it was hard enough for me to keep running out of food and water, and even stimpaks at some point. There were synths fighting raiders. I gave Preston an overpowered Wounding baseball bat that I got in Vault 114. He, of course, did not like it very much - he prefers guns. The only time he did anything useful is when I told him to rush ahead for me. I guess that makes him the main character for once, eh? He was designed to be "moderately cowardly", because he really believes in teamwork and does not believe in himself enough. It's up to the player character to bring him up, and then Preston brings you up by giving you the most powerful perk in the game. I mean, honestly, there is not a single other perk as powerful as this one. "United we stand", it is called, and it gives you a 20% damage boost when you're "outnumbered at least 3 to 1".

I put an overcharged batttery in my mouse and now it got crazy sensitivity. Hmm. [Science 4] 🤣

Today I have OHP. I've done 4o6 last time. Today it's 5o4 with 80%. 104. Round it up to 105, I guess. Should be very easy? Well, "never treat a light weight like a like weight". That is my own saying that I only ever said to myself, he he. It's a normal concept for all serious lifters. And, well, realistically speaking, 80% is still heavy. The spread between different percentages will grow much wider as you grow stronger, because percentages don't work in direct corellation with your muscle composition. Most likely, the stronger you get - the easier lighter percentages will feel. Not much, but they will. 80% of 200 is 160, but 80% of 300 is 240. Hmm. Actually, I confuse myself. There is a multilayered level of incorrect perception.

I've only had one coffee so far. I had food 11 hours ago. Small amount. Enough, I believe, for a day like today.

I'm not really being genuine today. I'm creating this wall of text out habit rather than impulse. More coffee, please.

~~~

Almost an hour later. Having a second coffee. I would like to study physics, but do I have enough grit for it? Perhaps I could start doing casually.

~~~

I hurt my thumb almost two weeks ago. Still hurts. Oh well. Just give it time.

Workout

Minimal warmup

Overehead press

20 - 50 - 70 for 5

Everything hurts. Thumb, shoulder. Well, I guess that's not enough for "everything".

Hungry. Grabbed a piece of bread with kefir. Went upstairs. L-flys (not flies) - heavy ones. Gotten better? Let's see.

90 for 5 - okay, as squeaky as usual. My recovery will be better. Close to 10/10. For wednesday AND for monday. Those are quiet days.

Wasteland the game. It's technically same as Fallout? Not so sure. I've read about it. Not exactly, but it's the same universe.

Planescape: Torment. When I was a little kid, this game was being sold in stores, on CDs. I only was allowed to play educational games back then. I had a CD with various little games for Windows 95. There was a Magic School bus show sandcastle bulding game. It mostly worked like a screensaver though, no gameplay elements except for placing parts of the castle.

Oh, I just searched for it. It was super easy to find. Massive nostalgia! Time to do the next set.

102,5 for 4 very quick, unnecessarily strict, uneven, but alright in the end. I have literally done this workout a month ago, haven't I? Yes, it is in the program. Today I'm doing it starved. Not fasted, fricking starved.

105 for 2 aand my muscles are empty.

Failure, failure, failure. Starved idiot, no discipline. luv mew sum vidya gems at nigt? pffffffffftttshhhhh

heck me with dis bs. i am iupsets.

All right. Ah. What a frickin idiot. Oh well, vicious cycle of discipline. I will eat and I will sleep. And I will remember... at least for a while I will.

Also, naturally, it's possible that I'm getting seasonally worn out. That happens. You start to lift heavy and then you just can no longer do it.

I made a silly choice to make today's workout bad. But, well, things *are* happening in the background. Inevitably, good workouts lead to bad workouts due to very simple exhaustion of energy.

~~~

I guess I am some kind of a writer with these bad stories I end up with in my GPT apps. I have access to more than three right now! AID, NAI - whom I've helped raise, I believe - and ChatGPT.

I have to do something else today. Eat better, for the start, and sleep better too. Ah.

Squat - a few reps

That's about it. Wondering about monday.

Actually, they did not delete my thread on SS2 forums. Pardon. Must have been on moderation or something.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR