Monday, January 23rd - Back squat

 23.01.2022

Un-privated all of the videos on Sparkfinger channel again. Hmm. Somehow, that fills me with positivity. Having coffee. My brain is pretty full right now. Now as full as it was on saturday, but close.
Last night I was playing FO4 Sim Settlements 2 again. Did a lot of stuff. It's a shame how much easier Survival mode becomes after, like, twenty hours in. Too damn easy. To be fair, I am using weapons from a mod, and those are notoriously OP, as per usual. Which one is it, let me check... It's "Rifles Rebirth", I remembered. It is, honestly, a pretty great mod, even though *sometimes* the guns look a little out of place, mostly due to color scheme. Too bright. But overall, it is a really well done lore-enough-friendly mod. The names of the guns are lame abbreviations, however. Not easy to remember.

I did so many things in the game. Most notably, I changed the difficulty to near impossible by changing the "resource complexity" to most complex. Normally, being a Minuteman General in FO4 is a lot like feudalism - you can do pretty much anything to almost anyone and you own everything in every settlement, excluding very few things. SS2 brings a degree of democracy by introducing a hidden recource pool that settlers produce and own that you can only use to govern the settlements, rather than embezzle it, for example. It's a great idea but it functions poorly due to bugs and the fact that FO4 engine was just not meant to be used this way. Well, I used to be known for my patience back in the day. Patience to some things. I was capable of making peace with things outside of my control (some things). Nowadays it's not exactly the case, he he. Nowadays I really want to have a non-buggy mod. Hmm. I have a few things to try. Isn't it funny how I have so many things to do and it the end does it matter anything? You could say it does. What is "mattering" even? *deep sigh* I wish my father hadn't died so early, then I wouldn't have lost a significant degree of hope for the future. Why live when you're gonna die? Now that's a stupid argument, he he. There's no "why". There's something about "why".

I so love have a full wet brain. Yesteday I took some melatonin as well, and I tried taking it somewhat earlier. I should try taking it as early as permissible, so that I normalize my sleep a little bit better.

I'm having my second coffee.

Aaand it's 10 PM. Okay, I wanna squat today. I wanna squat in a way that won't hurt my shoulders.

Workout

Warmup - short but rather profuse, mostly lower body

Squat

Quick warmup like in deadlift! 

20 for a few reps, then 50 - 100 - 120 - 140 for 8 with short breaks. I've gotten better on these "powaliftin" squats. I'm conflicted about them, but I think  to a normal person I'd prescribe these back squats rather than olympic high bars.

140 for 8 easy enough, not perfectly controlled however, I admit. The muscle that moves the left hip to the side feels a little strained.

145 for 8 - decided this was enough. My right wrist really hurt after this, cause I took a narrow grip and didn't bother changing it.

Put away the plates and did some plate curls. You can do them perpendicular to the floor, but that's what I prefer to call "pinch grip curls". Plate curls are meant to be done in a different plane, parallel to the floor in the middle, I guess. 10 kg is easy, 15 kg - not possible yet, cause of the lever difference. Even for two hands it was hard. Did about 5 or 6 reps, slowly and carefully, feeling various kinds of pain. Adam Glass is the champ at these. He's one of the legendary grip men, many times world record holder in diffetrent pinch events, I think. Not sure if I'm subbed to him on YT anymore. He's been posting non-strength related stuff iirc.

Obsession. Not very strong kind of obsession. But real. I am obsessed with fixing the caravan network in SS2. That's the whole reason I created this new savegame.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR