Saturday, 21st of January 2023 - Nice recovery, good OHP, not forgetting drumming and the positive doctrine. Also a wall of text

 21.01.2023

My brain is so juicy and full and engorged from all the succesful sleeping I've been doing. How is that possible? 10 mg melatonin tablets, cause they were selling it cheaper than other stuff. Yesterday I also slept late. But I worked during the day. And then went back to bed.

Played RDR2 for the first time. Definitely captivating. But I only played/watched the start. As expected, it's even more like a movie. You don't even have to keep control of what's happening all the time. I wish I had a bigger monitor for a game like that. But the one I have is good enough. It just is.

Did I mention I had to fiddle with my graphics card driver for quite a while? It keeps breaking for me from time to time. I think I need version 22.11 or something. American formatting made me install an older version. Month before day, or the other way around. He he. And it's confusing that 22.11 is more than 22.5. That's not math. He he he.

Brain super full. Easily aroused. Not distracted or jumbled so far. Smiling. Keeping up the PA doctrine. Let's call it that, yes. Positive anabolism. Smile and grow. Even when the day is dark - allow yourself to smile. And trust me, it's not what I'm used to doing. But heck, that helps a lot. Recently I saw myself in the mirror. I'm hecking buff, like a heckin peckin bodybuildah kind of stuff. All of that thems phraseologismses are gonna be hard to translate with googel translate, if you even end up reading this silly little blog and aren't familiar with "conventional" english that I use.

Hmm. What else? Do you wanna know small details? I always find it fascinating how the mere smell of coffee makes you wanna rush to the water closet.
Done frinking my first moka. It burst out so much for some reason. Enjoyable, honestly. I can't feel the hints of robusta. I'd like to imagine robusta compensates for the natural acidity of arabica. More caffeine is good. I mean, it is why I'm drinking it - for the caffeine. And today I'm having 5 o 8 kinda workout. I think. Oh yes. Last week I just did doubles, 10 kilos lighter than the supposed working weight. That should have been good enough, I daresay. Good enough to keep me as strong as I would have been. Possibly stronger.

You ever wonder that you're strong when you're out of energy? YOu might not be able to lift much, but you will be if you allow yourself to rest. But you can't, cause you gotta ride the wave of recovery and progress. You don't wanna amass energy that isn't going to be spent on adapting to heavier weights. Building your strength, it's a bit by bit kind of process. Brick by brick, and make sure to place it right. Roid abusers won't understand. Let them be in their own handmade darkness. They don't get how satisfying it is to stay strong. And if you deadlift 250 kgs you're likely stronger than 90% of roid abusers, believe it or not. Sure, there's a lot of really strong ones, but most roid abusers jsut never bother with actually getting strong. Funny. They brains got shat in. They think roids and testo will make em winners in life. But that's just not how it works. The silly old hormone is a mere signaler to your body. It itself doesn't do much. It's possible to have high testo but be weak, timid and not horny all the time. Cause body can be unhealthy. And when you stop roiding - you defeinitely will be that.

Wise guys like me know there's time to gather stones and there's time to throw stones. Was that from Ecclesiastes? No memory. Doesn't matter. It's in the books. It has a variety of meaning. I think there was a meaning connecting to some ancient activity people used to do. I shall look it up, actually fr fr...

He he, I ain't as dumb as I hope. I remember the book right. For heckin sake, I studied the Bible for so long. I'm supposed to have at least a single wrinkle in my brain. I wish I was more knowledgeable about physics. They should add Physics to Theology course. That would make all the sense in the world. And reduce the chances of generating something that can be qualified as heresy and/or superstition among christians.

I believe it is alright to criticise the Church and christians, even if I am on their side. I'm not an absolutist, and you know it is unwise to be one. God wants us to be wise. Just go ahead and read Augustine. Layers of understand, they come with time. Having faith is like having a goal that you will follow. How dare I claim I am not ambitious when I have faith? I have Faith, and that makes me more ambitious that anyone whose eyes are directed to the mortal earth. He he he. A different understanding of self.

I love myself. I wish this I of mine never left myself, never slept, never hid. But sometimes it just goes away, leaving me with this carnal body. Oh well.

~~~

You know, Passage Ritual DOES slap. And I don't care. It transmits real energy and beauty from the past, real inspiration. Silly midi drums and really RAW guitar and bass tone, and decently expressive vox of yours truly.

I can't believe I'm just singing praise to my own work. Oh ho ho ho, he he he. Hmm.

Today's workout is super easy - 4 sets of 6 with 95 kgs, and 107 for 1 clean single. Gonna start soon. Finishing my second coffee.

Workout

Moderate upper body warmup

Overhead press

20

50 for 15 dang so many joints squeaky

70 for 5 I think

90 for 5 super strict

95 - 4 sets of 6 - nice, strict, powerful. Kind of a light weight, admittedly.

Played drums between presses. One warmup from 8 to 1, paradiddles, varying accents, using the bottom of a stick. It's hard to play 8-1-8 in 8th notes! Very hard to spell it out loud, because it gets uneven, not on the metronome click (when it's 7, for example - you have to switch on an unexpected point). And on the third set I tried drumming to song. Turned out somewhat okay. Takes time to hear drums separately.

107,8 for 1 - nice, very strict, after shortened break. I'm making them stricter by reducing the torso movement at the start. I could even my bicep working. Feels great.

Thought of squatting in the garage, but the air isn't perfect. Perhaps I could do squats on monday? It will be a mostly laid back day. Mostly.

Squats

3 sets of 15 - BW - feels nice.

This time I decided to try a random pic from a different that I happen to frequent

edit 24may26: random indeed - it was a broken image from https://images.fallout.wiki/9/95/FoS_pipe_rifle.png




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR