January 7th - Christmas, OHP, health and climate

 07.01.2022

Nice day. Decent sleep and nutrition. Yesterday, however, was quite miserable. Almost no sleep, inflamed throat and ear, sick stomach, very cold in the house. Later it got warmer, thankfully.

At night played FO4 and was upset to find out that the HQ portion of Sim Settlements is pure unnecessary jank overfilled with bugs. Oh well. On to using console and finishing it as quickly as possible while trying to understand what is wrong.

Having my second coffee. This time - classic, brewed in a pot. 28 grams of arabica (bushido red), ground two times with my coarse grinder, and 248 grams of hot (not boiling) water, pour it in and place on a stove, keep it there until it's almost about to start boil.

Now to taste the first sip. Really had to wash the pot, it's kept in a spot where all the kitchen grime collects. Not too smart.

Taste? Not bad, I guess. Defeinitely more subtle and watery than moka. At least 6/10 I'd rate it. Of course, caffeine is the main ingredient. My brain is probably not as receptive to caffeine as it could have been. Because I had some instant coffee yesterday, possibly one of reasons I upset my stomach and had it hurting for quite a while. And all that nonsense stems from lack of sleep.

Finished coffee. It's nice. Definitely above mediocre. Subtle.

What am I lifting today? It's OHP. 4 sets of 3 with 82,5%. I think I should be a bit more rough with myself. The plan is to go from 102 to 107. Should be kind of easy. And I will drum too. Soon I shall start.

Workout

Warmup - medium, not too insense, a lot of straightforawrd L-flys (not flies)

Very cold garage. Rare.

Overhead press

20 - 50

70 - 80 for 5

90 for 5 okay

102,8 for 3

105 for 3 quite cold and stiff. It's possible the break was a little too short as well. Weightlifting shoes don't help much with insulation.

105 for 3 nice

107,8 for 2 - almost got third, wasn't confident enough, got stuck at the sticking point. Was pushing through it and almost ran out of energy.

107,8 for 3 got me vengeance, he he. More confidence and energy. Didn't feel as cold.

Drummed for three sets - one warmup and two grooving. Basic stuff, mostly teaching foot and hand to work together, dance together, makes gestures even. Not as fun as it was on wednesday, but pretty great.

After OHP I overextended my right knee a little. It felt slightly uncomfortable. I think it's the spot where I had the cruciate ligament surgery. Need to wait a little. Kind of wanted to do barbell squats, either on front or back, but I have a feeling that staying in cold is not a good decision. Went back upstairs.

Some time later

Squat

3 sets of 15 - bodyweight

That's about it. Nice workout, Health wasn't perfect, but we should work on that. It's been cold.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR