Monday Twenty Ist, November 20-Twenty two - One arm press, better running

 21.11.2022

Nice day. Not much to do. Woke up after a moderate amount of sleep (played FO4 at night), ate a plenty, rested, worked while having my first coffee, now I'm having my second. The weather is beautiful. Reduced sunlight at pre-evening time of the day creates an unreal atmosphere throughout the house.

Talking about all this, listening to Ahab, feeling inspired about my life and what I'm doing. Life is fully meaningful. But you don't really 'own' your life, do you? Life is a process. It's reasonable to risk disrupting this process for something meaningful. A materialist in me suggests that I've conditioned myself to feel rewarded for things that I deem meaningful. All my life, I have felt like I am not doing enough. And it's not just because most of society has been trying to gaslight me into this. They have not really been doing it. They were put under 'air pressure'. Air pressure isn't obvious, but it's severe. Mental changes. Making them believe the things they did not believe. Connections. I, however, still have a backbone of steel, even if my mind can sometimes be swayed. My backbone won't let me turn my head away, even if my eyes dare turn. It's meaningful. Fully meaningful.

Apparently, Ahab is labeled as Funeral Doom Metal. I haven't been listening to a lot of funeral doom, thinking it to be too slow, but now I remember that it doesn't have to be the case. And black metal can also be very cool and melodic sometimes. If only it was less cringy.

---

Some time later. Did some good things. It's 7 PM. I really want a third coffee. I just so do. I'm not gonna be too late. My actual workout is going to be rather short. But I have a variety of different things to do. Hmm. I kinda wanna do something really fun today.

---

Almost 8. Having my third coffee. Well, this one's smaller. I'm not gonna be severely busy, but I wish I was. I wish I wasn't a victim of silly bureaucracy, ha ha. I wish to never stop burning.

I'm inspired to do some heavy ass stuff today. I just might!

Workout

Medium-long mostly upper body warmup

One arm press

16 for 5

32 for 5 - 2 sets

48 for 5 - 1 sets, taking a break between arms

50 for 4 right - it would have been 5, but I didn't lock out the first (no balance yet)

50 for 4 left - the smaller kettlebell slid off the big one. I used to press like that too, but decided to stop. Monday is supposed to be a somewhat lighter day. Loaded my left lumbar.

I kinda wanna save more energy for some running. I've been neglecting this vital aspect of human life for too long. I'm bad at it, but I've already started getting better. Hooked onto running progress.

Pushups

Some wall pushups

20 - tried doing fist pushups. Angle-wise they're technically easier to do, cause you're elevating your torso more. That's why narrow grip pushups are better as well.

50 harder than I wish it was, but that's cause my pressing muscles are fatigued.

Rubber-supported squats

10 - 20 - 50

Halfway through fifty I switched to a lighter rubber, that was pretty hard. Legs are still lactic since saturday. Now I'm gonna take a proper break and run.

---

Had a nice run. Definitely made some improvements, especially considering it was way colder. I only breathed through my nose. In the end I made two involuntary mouth breaths. I was able to push myself further. Overall it was relaxed. Time - 7:33, and we can cut roughly 5 seconds for pulling the phone in and out, I think. My toe raising muscles got way too pumped again, even compared to last time. Another good thing, however - I was definitely much heavier today, so and improvement while being heavier is great. -10 second PR... I'll take it.

Random pic of the day - cool apartment building in Belmont, reminds me of Fallout 4. At some point I wanna play Stalker and Escape from Tarkov. In the future. My friends used to play a lot of Stalker when I was a teenager, so I'm very familiar with it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR