November 19th - Nice enough OHP, improvements in running
19.11.2022
Nice day. Didn't sleep too much - been enjoying Fallout 4, mostly Sim Settlements. After updating the main mod it's significantly less buggy! There are no more thirty minute saves. I've been enjoying being the general of the Minutemen, saving the settlements. Woke up, worked a tiny bit, have a really nice breakfast, then slept some more and had an amazing dream. Woke up, started having coffee - first batch tasted nice, second - I used cheap coffee, it's okay. Helped someone in a somewhat toxic manner, now I regret it. I should really be more considerate and responsible, even if it's a good way to teach someone a lesson that they truly need.
Doing some OHPs today. And I think I will try to actually run a full kilometer, now that I discovered that I've been wearing my boots really wrong (really tight) - it'll feel different. I know for a fact my endurance has gotten better, and I must not miss out on it.
I'll be doing roughly the same thing as last time, a little heavier. All still according to the program.
I think I'm not gonna have a third coffee today. It's much better this way.
Workout
Minimal upper body warmup
Overhead press
20
50 and 70 for 10 - a little off, giving myself some random cues instead of just doing the lifting
90 for 5 nice, strict and easy
105 for 3 - not too bad, very uneven, I, in my lack of accumulated discipline tried to shift the weight but obviously it didn't work. I was close to being able to lock out the 4th, but position was off. Let's hope this was the first warmup set.
105 for 4 - way better, good tempo, strict enough without feeling like I'm choking myself
105 for 4 nice, a little uneven but okay
105 for 4 nice and powerful, better than last.
That's it for OHP. Some lower body warmup.
---
Rubber supported squats - 100 reps. A really fun type of cardio, like jumping on a trampoline. Got a massive pump in my quads, and targeted my cardio as well. Mustn't cool down too much, although the street is pretty cold.
One kilometer run - 7 minutes 44 seconds. Today was so much better than before! I think it's a -2 minute PR? He he. I ran my whole street, and a lot fewer breaks to walk. And I really had to control my breath, cause it's cold out there. And, I think we could cut around 5 seconds cause of small technicalities, like when I was putting the phone away and taking it out. I can only imagine how much better it is going to be on monday. The warmup was a good choice of actions as well. The front of my shin only started getting pumped in the last quarter of the way.
Feel like I wanna do some more stuff.
Romanian DL + flys (not flies) - 2+2 kg, 2 sets of 15
Fun exercise, feels like something I need right now, to make sure my blood doesn't go stiff.
Kettlebell swings - 16 kgs, 1 sets of 15 - relaxed
And that's about it. I'm really glad about my running PR, although I am still really subpar. I know for a fact, however, my monday run will be a nice one too.
Random pics of the day
Found this one here https://primafavorta.ru/news/orientaly_i_siamy/ - funny cat pic
And another one - conventional


Comments
Post a Comment