October 1st, Saturday - Overhead press PR

 01.10.2022

Nice day. Some of my clients have been cancelling. Deep in thought about my life decisions for the foreseeable future. Fear. Watched a video about some talking about my exact situation and they said fear is okay. It's not strong. Confidence - a certain amout of it, at least - just cancels it out.

Everyone is there. I wanna go too. I reckon so many people who are much more afraid and less fit than me have gone there already. I have time. I will work on my cardio today. Although it's pretty late and I'm taking my time. Not sure what I wanna do. I think I wanna do good ol' OHP, not PP.

Finished having my first coffee. I sure am taking my time once again. I'll ahve a second one, do some OHPs, cool down and begin my cardio promenade. I know I can prepare myself better. Some people said people like me better not go on a fun expedition just yet. So it's only reasonable to prepare while I can.

Did I mention I finally started watching House? Awesome show. First season is, of course, much more cheesy than the rest, but it's got tyhe atmosphere and nostalgia that I like. Nice stuff.

It's one of those days when I take too much time preparing. Hmm. I think I have to do barbell squats too if I want to better my joints.

Today - jsut for fun - I wanna lift heavy. I just wanna see. No expectations, just feeling nice.

This monday I did some pushups before bench and my joints and connective tissue were so much better. I'll try it today as well. A variety of body moves, inclding wall pushups with shoulders moving back and forth, activating rib muscles. Honestly, there is not a better name for these muscles, they're just "rib muscles" and they're extremely important for overhead lifts. Serratus anterior.

Workout

Overhead press

20 - 50

70 for 8

90 for 5

100 for 3

110 for 3

120 for 1 and a half 😁 I'm not upset about this one, cause I'm saving the "oomph" for the next set.

130 for 1 - PR +5 kgs 😀 Quite unexpected, feeling great, good effort. I used proper leaning back, putting myself into a comfy position, the lockout and hold very nice and long, of course.

Alright. Now for some old school accessory/cardio. First, I have to unload the bar. Maybe I'll do some lacquering too today. The body is defo almost over. Found some lost candy is the cupboard, hehe. (Milkyway)

---

Put away the plates, did some minimal spraying.

Squats

4 sets of 15 - with reverse rubber, for warmup and stretch

3 sets of 15 - BW

I simply must do that every day and more often. Endophins are fixing up my stuff, at least in my head.

Squat with a weight on one side
6 kg dumbbell - 30 reps, 15 for each side. Breathing hard, a little bit of pumping too. Great.

16 kg kettlebell for 30, (15 each side) - feels good. Not too hard at all.

Random picture of the day - a landscape photo


And some fun Stable Diffusion




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR