September 28th, Wednesday - Heavy DL, end of the first microcycle, small grip PR

 27.09.2022

It's a rest day. Didn't sleep much. Was a tiny bit nervous at some point, but only a tiny bit. Woke up very easily. Some things are getting better for me. Went to a familiar place in pursuit of my goal and was told I have to go somewhere else, not here. Went home, cause it was late. Now a little tired. Haven't gone out anywhere in a very long time. I've been wanting to do some walking and maybe even running. There's a circle around my house that is almost a perfect kilometer.

I really haven't been outside in a long, long time. A lot of things were surprising to me. I was much bigger than I expected. People staring wasn't as annoying. In fact, a surprising amount of ladies stared at me in a way that didn't feel displeasing, hehe. As usual, I get so overstimulated in presence of other people. And the trains. Should have taken my player with me, phone was so quiet.

Re-watching American Dad season 16 and apparently I've never seen episode 2. How delightful!

I have a strong feeling it might be hard for me to do what I imagined. I think I'll come over and they'll tell me to only come if I have a letter. Hm.

28.09.2022

Had a great long sleep. First I slept from 12 to 5, then I woke up, then I slept some more. Had a small breakfast, now I'm having coffee - a new one, the sure one. Lavazza Gold brand or something. It's a good thing to have a variety of coffees at hand. I'm feeling a little jumbled from it.

My posterior chain feels fatigued from all the walking I did yesterday. My boots have a really worn out sole. If there were boots that feel like crocs it'd be great. Rubber is better.

I'm gonna DL today. If I was younger all the lower body fatigue would feel alarming to me. But I'm older and experienced and I know that fatigue simply does not equate to a potential lack of performance. Same as warmup - it's supposed to be hard.

They're suggesting something might happen on friday. Something has been happening for a while now. But friday is supposed to be really interesting.

Been thinking about my ailments - this night, for example, my stomach hurted, I had to get up and drink some milk and eat bread. Not sure why it hurts like that. IIRC it's supposed to adjust if I don't get enough food. Or at least that was the case last time I was in a hospital.

And my legs, too. A little problematic. Not my metal ankle, but my old knee, where there is less metal. Hurts sometimes. And my hips occasionally feel strained. 

But ultimately - none of that is a big deal. If I were to go somewhere it wouldn't be that hard to deal with these issues at all. I'd just have top be careful and more considerate with myself. Be not a stupid proud stallion who races to death. Be a tough wise ass (donkey). Can't force a donkey too kill themselves, unlike a horse.

Eight o clock. Kinda late, isn't it? That's how it tends to happen when I wake up early for a few days in a row.

Today's working isn't too hard - 230 kgs or more for 4 sets of 3. Gotta get to it. It's been getting cold.

Workout

Some short body moves

Deadlift

20 for 10, 50 for 8, 100 for 8, 150 for 8 - this time I managed it really, really fast. I put the bar on the hooks placed for the bench, so putting the plates on was extraordinarily easy. A great way to do. I shall continue doing it this way. My cardio, though, it got loaded a plenty. BW around 110 in clothing.

190 for 3 overhand grip after a rather short break - feels really satisfying, knowing that I can do overhand deadlifts so easily and casually.

210 for 3 overhand grip - that's a PR 😃 Pretty easy, like 7 RPE - for grip, that is. But of course, for grip it works differently than for large muscles. The pressurte in my head and banging of the bar gave a tinnitus than I only noticed after a while.

230 for 3 okay, especially considering I sped up a little

230 for 3 okay. Tightened my belt too much. Bit mistake. Technique was all over the place.

230 for 3 alright. A little better. I realised I'm wearing pants for the first time in a while, and no golf socks. That changes technique.

230 for 3 wearing shorts. Okay. Unbalanced, tweaked some muscle a little bit, but thankfully it's normal for dl. I really gotta eat more.

Unloaded the plates after a break - that was workout again, cause I fiddled around so much. And then I did some hanging leg raises.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR