Monday, September 12th - Better bench, fixing issues, working with connective tissue, lacquering the G310 body
12.09.2022
Nice day. Slept not too much. Had a really good sleep yesterday. Worked. Ate a moderate amount - somehow low appetite. Had carbs. I've been forgetting to eat carbs. Curious. At some point carbs were a base of my diet. Now they aren't. Only porridge, not even rice or pasta. Must get more carbs. Throat keeps being sore.
I miss days when I'd be angry every day. How funny. These days were suffering. Now I'm not angry and I am confident. And I am not as passionate. Not in the same way.
Had two coffees. Feeling nice. It's already almost 9. Played guitar. Took too long. Gonna bench and squat today.
That one day when I did front holds alongside squat I was able to put the bar on my chest correctly, when it was 150. I should try to achieve that again. I know I can.
I have fulfilled most of my PP program. Once again, maxing out seems to create problems and burnout. Well, it's not maxing out, it's the last microcycle. It's just weight very close to the max. I should not stop, seeing how there are fewer problems now and I've adjusted to the weather. I should just avoid potential hindrances, lift as light as would be permissible on exercises that aren't PP. I need more leg strength. My joints feel better today. I can't just do barbell squat and nothing else. You need to do regular full range BW squats to achieve proper mobility and endurance. I'm starting. Bench, then a break, then front holds alongside BW squats. Maybe barbell squats, I my joints feel okay. They've been feeling stiff and creaky.
I'm really hoping my pecs will feel good today.
Workout
Minimal upper body BW warmup
Bench
20 for 20
50 for 20
70 for 20
90 - 3 sets of 20 - okay, feels not too bad. Pecs feel decent. Technique - accomodating me. Did the last set wearing a respirator, cause I couldn't lacquering the body outside at this hour. Too dark.
Small break. Decided to try some of SquatUniversity stuff for my ailments. Feels nice, holding back the stiff joint.
They helped a bit. Definitely good for warmups.
Wrote a cute new riff yesterday, and a nice bit of simplistic solo. Might make a song out of it. Better not post it yet.
BW squats (spread around, not consecutive)
15 - 20 - 15
A drumming warmup - keeping up
Front holds
50 - 90 - 110 - 130 - 140
Pushpress - from the shoulders and clavicles, not hands
90 for 1 after a short hold
I hoped to be able to do it with 70. Imagine hoping to be able to do a move with a weight lighter than the one you've done it with 😁
70 - 2 sets of 1
110 for 1 - okay
I'm glad I was able to PP as much as 110. The push is definitely stronger, arms are, however, uneven, and I can feel my wrists rotating forward as I lock out the lift.
---
Boomer


Comments
Post a Comment