Twenty niunth of august, Monday - Bench, squat, guitar, recording vocals

 29.08.2022

Nice day. Inexplicably woke up early. Must be cause I somehow managed to go to bed early yesterday. Nutrition = good. Sleep = nice as well, although I feel like I had high cranial pressure for a while. Worked for quite a while. Satisfying, although I kept feeling nervous before. Started having coffee. Had first one. Played guitar a lot. Fixed broken Ugritone drums. Wacky stuff.

Ended up having a third coffee after all. It's 7:48. Not too late, I guess. I really want to come up with and record some of my vocals today.

I keep thinking. So many songs in are just purely instrumental. I don't like it. There needs to be a voice. I keep wondering when I want the vocals to enter. I'm thinking about either the first or the second verse. It'd make more sense to start with the first one. Because the riff is too simple. Hmm. Damn, I'm so much less productive than i was. Well, at least my psyche is getting better.

Workout

Bench

20-50-90

130 for 5

140 for 5 kinda nice. It's an actual tiny PR, btw 😁

140 for 5 okay

140 for 1 and then I dropped. I felt and heard a tear in my right pec cause I randomly decided to increase the tempo. What a dum dum. Thanfully, it's not a noticeable tear, I can't see it visually. I hope I panicked too early. Bench press is such a not very good exercise. It just isn't. It's not as natural as OHP. Incorrect opinions are what they are. Humans are capable of adjustment, of course. Some adjustment can be good.

Maybe I, once again, should drink less coffee so I'm less dehydrated. It's a big problem for big guys. Am I a "big guy"? Fricking cringe. Never thought of myself this way. It's so cringe I have to stop thinking about it.

Anyway, time for some squat.

Also I recorded a verse of vocals. So far it's a demo of a demo for me. Mixing sounds awful. Maybe my performance is bad as well. Actually, I know it is. But it's gotten better than it was initially. So that's something.

Squat, high bar a-la weightlifting - before each set I held it on my chest

50 for 8

90 for 8

130 for 8

150 for 8 pretty good. And my elbows and wrists didn't hurt when I held it on my clavicles! Tremendous! Only my right forearm muscle felt very stretched.

Humid and hot today. Bought a new teapot, as well as extra paint and melatonin. If I'm gonna take melatonin I need to do it much earlier than normal, like at 2:30, perhaps. Reminder.

Throat sore from my so called singing, he he. I need to work on it more. I can only do it it I'm awake earlier in the day. Let's hope it going to be easier, now that the days are getting a little colder.

---

Overall, feeling and accoplished today. It's not obvious from my work how important stretching is and how great it is that I managed to do front holds and real high bar squat. I've not been able to do in a long time. And I'm also happy that my pec isn't as bad as it was in 2019.

Took a pic of G310 mid process. I think I'll do 4 more layers. Then I'll just make my peace, or we'll see, according to consequences.

Random picture of the day - Susquatch form Dall-e mini))


It's a play on words, combination of the words "sus" and "sasquatch".


Baird House (Volunteer League), 14603 Hamlin Street, Van Nuys, Los Angeles, California




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR