Saturday, August 20th - Heaviest PP in a while (video)

 20.08.2022

Really nice day. Got about six hours of sleep, woke up and worked, had a medium small breakfast, went back to sleep, woke up later, now I'm having robusta for a change. It's bitter in a good way. I would to see how it compares to the arabica. Strange how it didn't lose the taste despite being stored not fully sealed.

Something important happened yesterday - overcome with stored up zeal towards music I finally got up and started painting the G310 SG. Preparing took a while. My little brother helped. Covered almost all the holes and attached a faux handle in place of the neck. Did a tiny bit of all around sanding, then wiped it with white spirit. Painting itself took very little effort, except for the bottom, cause I was using it with the handle. Took some maneuevering. And it's been drying up for almost 24 hours now. So, I shall do some super light sanding and wiping and do another coat of the sealer. It's got the factory sealer - most of it - on it still. The paint coat was really thick when I was removing it, it felt like a whole millimiter or even more. Not sure, of course. I'd love it if I could make it look okay with less paint.

Right now I finally got to cleaning and replasing string on the SG VE. Super heavy ones. They really sounded good in february, ha ha. I better not waste em and come up and record a nice song. And I would so love to start recording the lyrics for Passage Ritual. Not sure if it's a work title or not. Anyway... Let's talk physical culture.

My legs are a liuttle stiff since thursday. Fresh enough, however, especially right now. I think I've gotten much better at standing, cause I learned to relax better, as well as stretch while standing. Cursious, isn't it? And my body is dealing with it very easily. Next challenge will have to be doing some more regular walking at some point, I guess. I'd love to learn to walk with ease. It's psychological, however, becuase I just tend to feel like I'm in a hurry whenever I walk somewhere. Especially if it's a train station.

8:20 PM. Made an arabica. This one didn't have that many beans and the exctraction was quick, cause I didn't pay enough attention. That would mean that it's not as strong as it could have been. Let's compare the taste to robusta.

Tastes like a burrito. Like beans in a burrito. Curious. Coffee is beans, isn't it?

Almost nine now. I think I'm not going to have a third coffee. Two has been enough for a while now.

Workout

Overhead press

20 and 50

I wonder if squat stretches my shoulders. My joints feel strained when I warm up for PP so often.

70 for 5

90 for 5 better, although janky

100 for 5 nice

Push press

50 for 2

70 for 2

90 for 2

110 for 2

Covered the G310 with a second layer of sealer. Sanded off some drippings before that, using my fine grit paper. It goes off very easily. I think three layers should be really enough. That means tomorrow it'll be the last layer? I should have work the respirator today. This time it was dark and some definitely got inhaled. And I should have shaken it for longer. It left watery drips in a couple spots.

122 for 2 nice

125 for 2 wobbly. Stood on my right leg too long after unracking it

127 for 2 much better as I paid attention to the walkout

130 for 2 nice.

132 for 2 nice and smooth.

140 - one attempt. Definitely felt amped up, but didn't feel very confortable unracking it and I felt my right hand slip more to the side. Almost got it to lockout, that was a long push.

Relatively short break

140 for 1 - nice, you could say it's a mini PR for this decade 😁 Last time I've done it was in 2015, and it was a maxout, that meaning I had a lot of energy saved up, rather than spent on volume work.

Quickly unloaded the plates and carried the guitar back inside. It's already dry, according to insects walking on it. Insects... Hmm.

Okay.The whole press and pushpress took over two hours. Good enough. No time to do barbell squat, however. I shall do squats upstairs.

Squat, high bar

Stick - 3 sets of 10 reps

27 kg bar - 1 sets of 10 reps

Feeling quite dehydrated. Only had breakfast today. Time to drink a lot of water.

Could make a little video of today's session some time in the future.

Random picture of the day




And here's the video!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR