Monday, August 15th - Bench and Squat
15.08.2022
Nice day. Not much interesting. Decent food, almost decent sleep (7/10). Great recovery. Yesterday I got really bored with GTA. Takes CNS energy to play games. I was running out of it. Worked a little bit today.
Feeling overall fresh. Made a coffee - used my new Arabica, this time I made it stronged by doing a slower extraction. I put a bit more water in the boiler of the moka pot, and extracted it over the smallest fire possible, at some point moving it off and lifting it up. It didn't spurt. The taste is excquisite. The right kind of bitter.
Too many of my posts are marked with "coffee" tag, there's no way to fond any useful information about it from here 😂 Only randomly.
I've binge watched the first half of the third season of Better Call Saul yesterday. There's a big ol' hook that really makes you want to find out what happened. The main character is kind of a bad person, well, not too much, slightly skewed morals, and impulsive combined with heinous skills. Nothing compared to Breaking Bad.
What else to write about? There are a few thoughts that aren't really worth talking about, Let's wait for now. We're having a medium-light session today, bench and squat. I'll work up the smooth pyramid with a sharp tip. Well, not pyramid, more like a staircase. Although you can look at a pyramid differently.
It's really refreshing to actually be able to interact with other players online. Too bad most of them choose not to talk. It's not ESO for you.
There's something about one arm presses that allows me to really unlock my shoulders and be able to keep them in line with my torso, like an olympic weightlifter. Right now they're kinda tight.
Made another coffee. I like to play the small classical guitar when we have in the kitchen while the coffee is brewing. It was so dirty, I recently cleaned it. It was covered in smog and grime. The microfiber cloth simply turned black after wiping it. Maybe I should have used other wipes, ha ha.
Played some old music on my SQOE. The pickups are so much softer than the SG ones. They're more "even", EQ wise. At least that's what my ears hear, I can actually look at the EQ graph and compare them. That makes them better for clean sound, right? I'd imagine so. I'm so lucky the SG was my first choice. Also, I found out that G310 is supposed to have the same kind of pickups as Special. I wanna boy another Special, ideally another Vintage Edition. That way I'll have a replacement as well as the living proof of obvious tonewood. Tonewood deniers are massively annoying. Glenn Fricker proved himself wrong in his own "experiment" and then used some mental gymnastics to say that "it doesn't matter". What a provocateur. You know he does it intentionally, as he admitted many times. He makes nice easy to understand tutorials however, so that's something. Experienced person. Wouldn't wanna be friends with him irl though. But he doesn't have to be an enemy either, you know. Disagreements shouldn't make you go extreme. You need some real wisdom to control yourself in life.
Workout
Some overall light dumbbell movements for upper body. Left upper pec feels a little fragile. I have to think of a way to help it. Not sure if wider grip could be a solution. Uneven grip could help, yes. Ever so slightly.
Bench press
20 - 50 - 70
Feels nice, not too fragile, compared to previous weeks.
90 for 8 nice, but not too nice
The skin on my finger keeps cracking. In fact, I seem to have so many skin issues lately. Not sure why it's all happening. Sure, I am a slob in some ways. And I wash my hands too often at the same time. Some people say skin gets worse with stress. Sounds somewhat believeable. Maybe I am autistic, ha ha. Not for the obvious reasons, perhaps. They say autistic people are hard to interact with. What the fuck is autism anyway? If it's a spectrum how come it's all described with one word? A lot of people have issues with this - describing it in one word. I keep thinking about my childhood. I reckon some things would have been easier if I wasn't abused by "inexperienced" parents (self admitted!). They both were very impulsive, in a different way of course.
110 for 8 slightly better, still not too nice
130 for 5 better
140 - 3 sets of 3 - nice. Not sure what tempo I should keep. I kept a swift tempo on first two sets, and on third I did some paused movements for some reason. I think overall explosive movement is better for training.
50 for 10 - to feel
Almost getting dragged into sumo vs conventional debates online... That would be a waste of time. Don't call me a powerlifter in 2022!
Squat
10 bodyweight
Stick for 10
50 for 10
90 for 8
130 for 5
160 for 5 pretty nice. It's not too fast, but technique is okay. I'm looking forward to doing that old school powerlifting program (adjusted for my needs, of course).
In autumn I wish to rewatch House M.D. and to train quite seriously.
And that's about it. Now to have fun, brain overflowing with post-training endorphins.
A couple nice random pics of the day


Comments
Post a Comment