Thursday, June 7th - Changing up my bench attitude, slightly better preworkout discipline

 07.07.2022

I need to get a bit of discipline back in my life. That's why I shall time my coffee drinking today. Then I'll go and do my benches, and them some accessory work. I feel stronger today than yesterday, despite hot and humid weather. I feel like in this weather a good choice of action could be to contrentrate on one thing, and minimize other things. I feel hot all the time today. Not even a gentle breeze.

Workout

Small upper body warmup. All the joints feel good. A little bit of lower body. The exercises I did yesterday felt unusual.

Bench press

20 for 10

60 for 10

80 for 10 - it's important to set up your arms in a way that'd make your descent automatic

100 for 10 nice. I realised my lockout might have been wrong all these years, not perpendicular to the floor

110 for 10 nice. I keep thinking why I choose try train my bench in high reps. I used to be afraid of heavy weight due to my mini-tear in pecs. I think it's time I turn my bench into an actual accesory exercise and start training my fast twitch muscle fibers. Today is a lighter day though. So we're gonna keep the volume to the minimum.

120 for 5 easy enough. Energy low

130 for 3 easy enough

120 for 3 right away

Put away the plates. Feels good.

Light OHPs and L-fly stuff with rubber.

One arm press

16 kg - 2 sets of 10 - feels good.

I think my issue with one strained side had to have stemmed from wonky one arm swings I did earlier last week. Should have done it with both hands, since I was doing it for the whole of my posterior chain. I think I did them on one side, while normally you'd have the weight in the middle. It's almost fully recovered. I expect to have a decent DL on saturday. Then PP on monday.

Some time later

I have to note - I feel so much better right now than I have in a long time after a workout. I attribute it to the fact that I only took one hour having my coffee. That had to have helped with my overall energy consumption!

Random picture of the day - International Space Station



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR