July 16th, 2022 - Nice deadlift, figuring out the cause of my unevenness

 16.07.2022

Nice day. Decent nutrition, okay sleep. CNS was a little strained initially, and now I'm getting a little stressed and phased out of my mind cause of something small happened. Something that triggered something in me. Right now, for some reason, I'm assuming that you (the reader) are trying to gaslight me and tell me how insignificant what's happening to me is. That's why I'm not liking you. If you think something else - that's better. Maybe than I do like your compassion. But I can't help myself but imagine fucking demons in human skin around me, trying to convince me to kill myself. Shit.

And when I say "demons in human skin", I, of course, mean normal people. Normal people with good intentions. Ha ha ha.

Today's plan is DL. 180 and 200 as working sets, then a couple easy singles. For a moment I was tempted to postpone it, but it's kinda meaningless. It's not the exercise itself that defines that amount of stress induced during a workout. It's only one of the factors, albeing an important one. Being dissatisfied with your workout is just bad. That I don't want. So, even though it's been almost three hours of me drinking coffee, I'm still gonna DL. Well, I've been drinking it slowly. Possibly a big mistake. Having my third coffee now. It turned out better than ther previous two. I made sure to stop it early, before it gave out a lot of sputters.

Played guitar. Recorded, like 4 bars of one part. Guitar is a massive distraction before a workout, he he. Maybe it was the thing that strained my CNS.
Okay, I just finished my coffee and I'm starting.

Workout

Quick short-range warmup

Initial warmup a-la a single set -

20 - 60 - 100 - 150 for 8 reps

180 for 12 really nice and light, albeit uneven. Can't figure out what I gotta do. Keep the bar perpendicular to the rug, perhaps? And line the pads evenly? Then I'm not gonna get an "accidental" angle on my foot.

200 for 12 - nice effort. Pretty hard, of course. I tried doing fuller reps, but they weren't "max range" ofc. At some point you're not moving the bar upwards, and then it's okay to not lean your torso back, cause that's what you're doing when you're trying to do the "full" lockout. It's about the feel.

Nice fact - liver did not hurt. Godd stuff! Breathing is also a little better than in the past. Blood pressure - does not feel very high. Or "extra" high, if you will. It's probably high overall, I'd assume. Back when I used to do touch and go heavy DLs it shot up quite a plenty.

Not completely sure, but I think it might be a rep PR :D Like, +2 reps for sure. I defeinitely did 200 for 10 from the floor in, like, 2017, I think. And I was doing something with stiff leg DL in the summer of 2020.

Felt sleepy. Not sure why. Either actually not enough sleep or the fact that I took way too much time to have my coffee.

230 for 1 - nice, smooth. One side was uneven. WHAT IF it's the plates that are uneven, rather than me? Cause there's not enough space there to convincingly push them in. What a revelation!

250 for 1 nice, kinda slower than I wish it was. BUT it's 89% of my actual max, so that's great. It's great I can do it easily enough when I'm so fatigued.

Apparently all this time RPE wasn't exactly what I thought it was. It was just a "difficulty rating" but how much reps you have left. RPE 10 means you got 0, RPE 1 means you got 9 reps in reserve. I kinda prefer my mega subjective version 😁 Just rating it, like a pain scale.

Feeling absolutely high from all that load. Endorphins. Great stuff. Tunnel vision. In tune with my frontal lobes. Feels so good. And you wonder how people can work out so hard.

Rubber pulls, light - 2 sets

Pullups with heavy reverse rubber - 3 sets of 10
It's been so long since I've done any kind of normal pullups. This brings me back ever so slightly.

(Random) pics of the day




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR