Wendesday, July 12th - Overhead, Pushpress, Axle
13.07.2022
Nice day. Slept for at least 5 hours, and at night too! Worked, had a nice breakfast, appetite less than normal but okay, rested for some more. Feeling a little sleepy, ngl. I can feel that I didn't have 12 hours of sleep or more. Or perhaps it's just that my body is used to sleeping during the day. But I am enhancing the grip on my sleeping culture. I'm over there.
Having my third coffee. I colnculded that it's in my interests to make coffee less bitter, even if it's unsatisfying to a degree - because I just want as much as I can get, pound for pound. But since I'm not choosing to eat coffee beans raw, it only makes sense for me to make nice coffee, rather than " very strong" one.
Today i wish to cut my "main" PP volume in favor of doing some axle floor-to-overhead lifts outside. Haven't done this in ages. I'll love it. And I have dumbbell collars now, that'll make everything easier.
Workout
Nice all around warmup in my room. Doing a variety of short-range gymnastic stuff for reps of five.
Overhead press
20 for 5
60 for 5
Feels good, albeit a little stuff. Muscles are all crunchy from that work on monday.
80 for 3 - experimented with unracking. Trying to remember different techniques.
100 for 5 super strict and nice. I can feel my tricep working
Push press
60 for 6 a-la push jerk
107,8 for 6 - the first reps were also push jerks. Honestly, when you think about it, push press is a pretty hard exercise to optimize. Use your legs and your shoulders as much as possible. Some weightlifters don't use their legs as much as possible when they do it. Of course, it's really not their main exercise. I like to do absolutely everything in an accelerated manner (not "fast", mind you).
110 for 6 nice
112,8 for 6 nice and easy. Great.
So, we are curbing the volume of the main exercise from 4 to 3 sets of 6. Not the best practice, I remind myself, but it is worth it to experiment, given the chance. And, mroe importantly, to diversify your workout and have a chance to do something fun outside.
I fetched the old pipe - my axle. It's got a sideways pipe piece on one end. Can't be bothered to file it off. I seem to use once every two years (ha ha). I pulled it out and wiped the dust off it. Now I'm gonna go and carry the plates. I think I will do 60 first. Although, realistically, a hundred should be fine as well. It's not too heavy, and the movement stereotype is ingrained somewhere deep in my brain. A few singles for the start, that's what I'm thinking...
Axle floor-to-overhead (pushpress)
63 for 1 nice
103 for 1 alright. Loading up this axle is a workout on its own 😁
123 - almost managed to clean it. First, I tried doing it overhand. Couldn't - axle thick, haven't done axle in ages. So I took a mixed grip, pulled it onto my belly, then switch to overhand on my belly, but that was open grip - with thumbs. As I tried to get it onto my chest, my wrists bent too much and I had to drop it. Moderately painful. I used to be more flexible. Maybe I need to do more of this? Now I'm gonna try to wear my old leather wrist supports.
123 same issue, a little better. I really need to do some kind of cleans.
A very hard exercise: carrying the plates to the axle spot and back 😁 My forearms got pretty tried. Keep in mind, I haven't had that much sleep. However, after pressing a hundred today I thought to myself that I could do a moderate amount of extra grip stuff. You know your CNS is in a good spot when just touching the bar feels light, you know?
🕰🕰🕰 - Some time later
Squats
1-2-3-4-5
Remembered the old cue to start by pushing the pelvis back and rotating thighs outside. Feels so good.
6-7-8-9-10-11-12
Random pics of the day

.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment