03-04 Jul 2022, Sun and Mon
03.07.2022
Nice day. Slept for a while, peacefully. Intense dreams. The only thing I rememebr about them is that they were intense. Back feeling rather fatigued. I, however, still feel like I can train moore often. It will take some time to adject my recovery capabilities and develop new pacing approach.
Kinda wanna train today. In fact, I will. It'll be a short one. The question in - will I have coffee or not? Cause I really want to. There are two major ways to think of that:
1) Take breaks from coffee to have more intense stimulation
2) Don't take breaks because intense stimulation is too much
I wonder. What if having coffee more often - rather than a lot of it every now and then - could lead to better sleep? Cause it'd be easier to fall asleep on the heavier training days. Hmm. That's the most of it.
I think for now (this exact moment) I'll just have some tea.
---
Made one batch. It's kind of a big deal if I'm gonna start drinking coffee and working out almost every day. Four days a week has been a staple since May 20th 2020.
Wanna do some BW squats. Gonna help my stiff back. Yesterday I tried hanging-squating. That's a little too much for stretching the back. My back is very stiff. But when you sit down a lot it's even more stiff, and in the wrong way. No bloodflow. I got bloodflow. I just need to warm up better. And avoid letting the plates slip.
When I play acoustic I'm a barre chord addict. How funny. They make everything too easy. Not using simples shapes more often. Wanna figure out a cool way to add non-diatonic notes. Maybe this can be considered a subgenre of jazz. Maybe not. It's very simple stuff. Gotta work that thumb, he he.
Workout
Squat
A lot of BW short range work in different angles
3 sets of 15 - slow reps, trying to figure out the most powerful angles in a narrow stance. My back feels so much better.
16 kg kettlebell, goblet sqat - 3 sets of 15 - feels so good.
Rubber lat pulls, medium stretch
10-15-20
Lat stretches - 1 set
I think my monolateral back tweak is probably connectected to one arm presses or one arm swing I've been doing this week. Note to self - consider spacing them apart.
04.07.2022
Monday. One of the best days of the week (definitely in the top seven).
Slept from 2 to 7 AM. Very surprising. Somehow ran out of energy yesterday. Was not stimulated.
Hot and humid. Had a nice breakfast. Nutrition is definitely okay. Back still very stiff. Wondering if I want to do push presses or do something lighter. I think a good choice would be to do just pushpresses and nothing else. Minimal OHP for warmup. That will work on a day like today.
Coffee. Having it oldschool. 31 grams over 310 grams of water. Accidentally added too much. I think I've become a used of the moka pot. It's so much easier to prepare decent tasting coffee in it. Of course, when you manage to homebrew an okay coffee it's very rewarding.
2 PM. Supposedly one of the hottest times of the day. Between noon and 3 PM. Done with my homebrewed coffee. Now I'll compare it to moka.
Moka is nicer. Left it on for a little too long, it's pretty strong. Saying that it's "strong" makes it sound so much better, ha ha.
Playing with Dall-E Mini and CrAIon. We truly do live in the future. The pictures they generate are unbelieveable. (Check last week's posts)
You know, I realised than monolateral and unilateral are synonyms. The words I didn't use were "bilateral" and "multilateral". Look em up, use them correctly.
⌛⌛⌛
Coffee knocked me out. Weird experience. Why couldn't I fall asleep when I woke up at 7AM today? I guess the reason I fell asleep yesterday had to have been my impulsive workout. Well, as I mentioned earlier, we might need time to adjust if we want to be serious about training more often. Then we can make those intermediate days heavier, not just light squats. Squat - the way I do - is my inoffensive exercise that you can do whenever to feel better and improve your general physiology. Either BW, or very light, just enough to start feeling the release of endorphins.
Today's plan is rather curious. 100 for 5, 115 for 3, 120 for 3, and 125-130-135 for 1. Sounds reasonable I reckon.
It's so late but the heat is still here, making me feel all soft and gelatinous.
⏲⏲⏲
God is merciful. He really knows what's up and what needs to happen. I voluntarily hypothesize.
Workout
Overhead press
20-40-60 for 5 - surprisingly fresh feeling
Push press
60 for 3
Wondering is doing L flies now isn't the rightest choice. I believe my more frequent training just might have contributed to better flexibility, seeing how I tend to do at least a few (or more) OHP-specific drills/stretches on every workout.
80 for 3
100 for 5 kinda slow, so hot, hip hurted on one rep. Needs to be smoother. Sweating buckets.
115 for 3 alright. Arms feel good. Still not wearing belt.
120 for 3 nice. Still no belt. I think it's a micro pr, cause I might have never ever PPed 120 without a belt.
I realised I don't need to do 125 for 3. Funny. Let's see. Should be very easy. Might wanna speed up. Three sets of one is similar to one set of three, eh? 🤣 (joke)
125 for 1 nice. The reps aren't perfectly explosive and smooth today. But that's just readjustment. We'll get there very soon!
130 for 1 nice. Better than previous set. I was thinking of a cool plan - squat tomorrow, bench on wednesday (radical), and do DL on thursday. Absolutely radical thinking, ha ha.
135 for 1 even better. Feels great. Made sure to fix it properly and hold overhead. Not sure when I last PPed 135. As I mentioned a few posts before, I have two more "normal" microcycles. I should consider reducing my approxi-max for a while, perhaps.
Measured my weight and realised I might have lost about two liters of water during this workout. Immedeately went to drink. Cramped my pec a iny bit, that made me drink even more water and tea.
Random pic of the day
![]() |
| Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal |
_(48114742146).jpg)
_-_geo.hlipp.de_-_35722.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment