Wednesday, June 1st 2022 - Finished with the deadlift program, PR!
31.05.2022
Just wanted to write about my SQOE PRS. I picked it up randomly today and noticed that the high E string had absolutely no action. I think the neck got tighter. Tried playing it, massive buzz on low E string of the first fret. Tried filing down the second fret, but it didn't help. Then it hit me. I thought to myself - since the high string lost all action, that must mean that the neck bowed back even more! So I loosened the truss rod, and that helped a lot. I loosened it and lowered the action on the low strings (on the bridge) and raised the action on the high strings. Decided to tune it in Cakewalk, then played a bit. I realised one cool think - I've been underestimating the neck pickup, even on high gain. It sounds good! And I recorded As Yggdrasil with neck pickup too (I think I did one guitar). And on other songs. Note to self - don't just record with the bridge! I've been wary of switching it on my SG though, it has become fragile.
Decent nutrition today. Slept well. Had some bad dreams though. Unpleasant, not scary. Managed to work quite some - that was satisfying. Hung out with my brother - he wanted to try writing a song from Titanic in Musescore, but that was a little too hard for him yet. I just showed him how to use it. Then he asked me to play Minecraft. I showed him the latest snapshot with teh chest boats, and a big cave. We've been playing the the 2020 all dimensions april fools snapshot, I think it's massively awesome and underrated. Can crash your pc tho.
Took a shower after thinking about how it can help my ever-stiff muscles. Looking forward to tomorrow. Although it's already past midnight. I wanna watch the new Superman and Lois episode. They're airing it at 8 PM eastern standart time and that's 3 AM here.
01.06.2022
Nice day. Woke up early, okay breakfast, rested, didn't sleep, feeling a little aggravated, nervous system getting a bit on edge, having "catabolic thoughts".
Having coffee. I think it's important I don't make my training session too long, as well as my coffee drinking.
Made the first batch of 30 grams of beans with 8.5 ratio. Now for the second batch.
Made 40x9. Less dense. The first one was more bitter than expected.
Fiddled around with my sqoe prs again. Changed the direction of the bridge, so the intonation can be changed from the back. that's how it came. Played it, tuned, I think I don't like the heckin pickups, but perhaps there's a way to deal with that. They're just sort of more shrill than the ones on SG. Let me look up the named of the SG pickups...
Kinda of hard to search for information. The training session is going to start soon. The third batch I think I need to finish it first tho. I little jumbled, but also unusally concentrated. Confusing.
Workout
Deadlift
Some light warmup
20 - 60 - 110 -
160 for 3 - Put the belt on the midsection, like I used to
200 for 1
230 for 1
250 for 1 - I was thinking that perhaps you literally do not want to let the belt squeeze you, since that would make your body smaller. You only want it to squeeze you when you flex into it, to insure both maximum pressure as well as flexion of your abs, so your midsection is bigger and in more of a mechanical advantage.
280 for 1 - nice! It's a PR. The lift was quick. The RPE was 75/100. Easier than the first time I did 270. Of course, passing through the knees was the hardest part. Listened to the "House of Death" as I prayed to God. When you're in action, however, your prayer has to be different. Ask God to lift you up!
I like Manowar's Warriors of the World era (including EPs). That was sort of polished yet so heavy. The best songs for intense lifting.
I am not done today. I consider it my duty to not stop at a point like this. So I put on another round number.
290 - got it off the floor. Definitely out of energy rather than weak. I felt massive tension in my tendons. Curious. Felt so tired to take off the plates, it's funny. Took off the smaller 25s. Wanna unload it and start sanding the SG again. Only took me ten days to continue. Eager to experience the rest of the day, as well as tomorrow. I shouldn't be too tired, considering I only really loaded my CNS.
---
Sanded the SG body some more. I think I'm done with one side. Then the next side, then the smaller grit again, then we can finally cover it with the sealer. Should be cool.
I noticed skin started cracking on my thumb again and decided to stop after that. Very annoying. I only healed after I covered it with some zink paste. It gets cut with guitar frets, or simply roughed up (even smooth ones).

Comments
Post a Comment