Saturday, May 28th - Push press

 28.05.2022

Nice day. Yesterday I got hit hard with the "second day syndrome". CNS energy was low, even though other energy wasn't. Fell asleep early. Slept okay. Weird dreams, as is normal for all people.

Woke up early, worked a plenty, had a nice breakfast for once (haven't had it in a while). Rested some more, didn't feel sleepy, which is great (means I got enough sleep).

Now having coffee. It tastes nice, better than okay! 21 grams of double ground beans over 170 or 180 grams of water, poured over hot and just brought to a boil on a stove.

---

Playing bass. I wanna practice if I'm record it. And the absolutely massive beautiful bumblebee sat on my window. I wondered if it was attracted by low frequencies and played it much louder. It didn't fly away. But when I stepped to take a photo of it it flew away. Oh well. It was massive and fuzzy and had thick legs! Astonishing.

---

Alright. I think it finally started. I recorded a significant portion of the song's bass. Had my third portion of coffee. Still want me. It's about to be 7 PM. Am I gonna rebrew it again? I think I will make another one.

Today's pushpress, and light squats. And monday better be super light, I'm serious with myself on this. I don't wanna fatigue myself any more. The hard deadlift program is coming to an end next wednesday. It's gonna be easier than the workout I had on 25th.

And yeah, after reading this blog from a year ago I came to be grateful with actual insane gains I've made. And I was making gains back then too! Except they were kind of hidden. It's a mental thing. Cause you don't really keep track of how strong your CNS is. And my CNS was slowly getting stronger and stronger as my muscles lifted the same not very heavy weights. I maintained my strength, that's what matters. It was okay. An iota above mediocre, which is enough to consider it okay.

And now things are an iota under excellent. Which is good. It could have been better if I was disciplined.

I realised I'm pretty far down the program. Today i'm lifting 75% for 5 and 4 sets of 5 with 80%.
This is going to be 100 for 5, and going from 112 to 120 for 4 sets of 5. Something like 112-115-117-120-120. Reasonable. Maybe I could go from 110 to 120. The load is above the minimum a plenty. My legs feel really strong but also stiff. Interesting. Gonna be starting the warmup now, at 19:31. I can feel it already!

Workout

Overhead press - really lax, wrong

60*5

80*5

90*5

Push press

60*5

100*5 - Busy with someone, that's a little distracting.

110 for 5 okay, not bad. Sharpened up a bit.

112 for 5

115 for 5

117 for 5 - made my grip and my stance narrower. That lead to a lot of imbalance, 4th rep was done poorly, but I comensated it with a better 5th rep. I gotta do squats and front squats, I think. More Olympic weightlifting stuff, or something like it. I'm pressing so much more than I am pushing, compared to the old days. It's a presspush, haha 😁

120 for 5 - nice, much easier, finally got some music to listen to. Wider grip, wider stance, easy push. I need to do PP more often. Technique is okay, but I'm heavily musclebound. It's not a joke. I'm not stretched way I would have been if I was doing PP more often. Thankully, I redeveloped a minimum base for my pushpress technique, and it works okay, even though it's presspush, haha.

Lower back feels tight since a week ago. I'll do some exercises that should help.

Squat with reverse band - i.e. less than bodyweight

5 sets of 20 Connective tissue still tired, for the lack of a better term

60 for 10 - squeaky but okay, normal low bar squat

5 sets of 20 - more rubber squats. Feeling better and better with every rep.

Caffeine's getting to me. Me brain is starting to feel weak. Pray for me through time! Pray to one and only Lord for me and my soul!

Decided to upload a video. I hope when i start pushpressing more often my technique will get better.


What else?

Random picture of the day

San Diego, Old Town



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR