May 23rd, Monday - Light bench and squat, guitar work

 23.05.2022

Nice day so far. Worked some, had a nice breakfast, sleep = okay (not too much, not too little).

Had some coffee - 17 grams of arabica times roughly 8. Feels like very little.
I'm about to run out of coffee. I'm thinking of adding some old robusta that I have to the arabica. Maybe 1/3 of it. It will be bitter. But more caffeine?.. I wish robusta tasted better to me. It's possible to like it though, isn't it? Let's give it a shot.

Made the coffee. 8 grams of old robusta + 24 grams of arabica + 297 grams of water. NGL, this Bushido arabica isn't as great as my previous brazilian coffee.

Hmmm. Surprisingly tasteless. Watery. At first, at least.

Then I can taste something resembling a woody taste. Tastes like oak smells. Way better than pure robusta. The aftertaste lasts for a while.

Okay. One quarter robusta was okay. Rating it okay out of excellent. Ha ha. Well, it's almost 8 again. I think today I'm not going to be taking a lot of time. Thank God for that! It's happening on its own. I'm shortening the coffee consumption period.

Today I have a light workout. But I feel pretty great and have extra energy. My pressing muscles are a little sore. I think I'll do some bench and squats. Should be nice.

Eh. I should go for "quality through quantity" in my music. Gotta speed up. Cool idea with the "single project album". I've been listening to a band called Serpent Venom. They're pretty much exactly what I expect from trad doom from Britain. Britain has it's sound. Good for them. I have my sound. I oughta listen to more music. Get more inspired. Reshape my brain.

Time to go. No time to wait.

Workout

Bench - sets of 15

60 - 80 - 90 - 95 - 100 

Nice and easy, light pumping. Tried using a wider grip, but it didn't feel quite right.

Drummed in between sets. I really need to print proper exercises! Must remember. I shall write them down in Musescore now.

Squat - low bar, avoiding mistake I made on saturday (butt winking, rounding of the lumbar)

A few BW sets

60 or 80 for 10 - memory blackout

100 for 10

130 for 10

150 - 2 sets of 5 - I decided to split a ten rep set in two to avoid any potential fatigue, for I believe it could be detrimental to my wednesday DL workout.

All the squats took me a couple hours, because I continued sanding the guitar. I think I'm done with front and black, and I started sanding the sides by hand. Still using old sandpaper of undefined grit. It's not very rough, must be somewhere in between. Feels great, very satisfying, especially with the respirator and eye protection. My throat is now not full of chemical dust! 🤪

Anyway, once I was done with squats I went upstairs and finally started setting up my new phone, cause the old one's battery has become very weak and can't even hold it for thirty minutes, not even mentioning camera usage.

Yesterday some weird stuff was happening. I can't help but think that God is with us, even when things start to turn "stranger than usual". Thank God for everything, always! And sometimes things turn out to be quite parabolical and moral inducing even. God, have mercy! Hallelujah! Glory to Our Lord, always and forever!

---

I'm all covered in dust. It would make a lot of sense to finally take a shower. Last time I took a shower I managed to avoid overheating my body. That's always quite unpleasant, hard to keep an eye on. Maybe I'm special if I don't like heat so much. Maybe it's in my head.

I sanded almost all one of left side. After looking at it in the light I came to be quite pleased. It looks good. I yet have to sand it with smaller grit sandpaper.

Rewriting drum exercises and I realise I don't remember some of the lessons. I shall rewatch them and learn it all again! Here's the playlist that I use, by the way - pretty great guys on that channel. Fond memories of 2020. LINK

What else, what else... Been setting up the new phone. Much larger screen. Feels nice. Gotta buy a shield for it or something. Wonder what the camera quality is gonna be like, hehe. It was super cheap, got it on a discount. Don't ever buy anything expensive that you can break by droppin on teh floor, I say. There are exceptions, of course. But you get the point. That's a basic consumer product, so it should be cheap, sturdy and satisfying enough. Leave the luxury for those who bother.

Speakin on luxury... If I'm ever able to pay in teh faraway stores, I'd like to buy a Epiphone SG Classic Worn P-90 Inverness Green. It's got P90 pickups, which aren't that great for metal. But it looks insanely awesome. The color, mostly. Maybe buy something better and repaint it? Ha ha. I like Ibanez GAX too. It's pretty great, cause of the cool shape. There are cheap and expensive ones. But - that's all luxury. Not very "pointful". Not meaningful enough. Collecting guitar has to be meaningful. And it can be. It's up to you.

Made some paste with awesome cheese-tomato sauce, but left it downstairs. Don't wanna eat right now. Laste time I made something like this it got gobbled up by the Order members within seconds, he he. Pleases me, as a cook, when someone eats my food with appetite.

There's so many cool Ibanezes with this shape.

The GAX 30


Ibanez AR325QA Artist Dark Brown Sunburst - really expensive, haha


Ibanez AX120 - this one's not so crazy in price




Ibanez AX120 Metallic Forest - same, but different finish


Ibanez AX120 Copper Metallic


Ibanez AR420 Violin Sunburst and Transparent Blue - I know they're not the same as AXes, but I like em a lot too.
 

I wish we had better guitar makers in this country. They all either make overprised Strats/Teles or weird guitars. I want someone to make patriotic Les Pauls and SGs. Maybe it can be me at some point in the future, eh?

Random picture of the day - "Entrance to the port of Saint-Pierre, the view of the church on the island of sailors is superb".

"Formerly called the Isle of Dogs and having had more than 800 inhabitants, the island is no longer inhabited all year round but is only a vacation spot for residents of Saint Pierre. A leap into history on this timeless island!"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR