Thursday, April 7th - Jammin

 07.04.2022

Nice day. Slept a lot. Tired a tiny bit from yesterday. Couldn't fall asleep for a long time. Did some work. Couldn't start my workout before 9 PM. Had a reduced amount of coffee. Can't wait for the spring to come alreeady, for the snow to melt. It still looks like winter. Can it be a sort of a sign? Ha ha.

For my super light workout I did flys (not flies) with light dumbbells, some powerstretching for my legs and ankles a-la pushing the wall, some general all around movement.

Overhead press, two implements

16 kg kettlebell + 17 kg dumbbell - 2 sets of 15 reps

32 kg kettlebell + 31 kg dumbbell - 2 sets of 15 reps

Tuned my SQOE to C Standard to practice my current song before the camera. Funny, not performing that great, and I didn't notice the pickups were in the wrong position. Lol. 10-46 is really floppy for my style of playing, ha ha.

Some more flys (not flies) with 6 kg dumbbells - feeding the ole' delts, hehe. 2 sets, below 20 reps

Recorded a "nice" playthrough with Musescore playing along - not that great tbh, but at least I followed.

And all that took too much time. Getting upset with the new guitar compared to the SG, ngl. What do I gotta do, man? I can't really sell it, I think. Maybe I could. Or, perhaps, I should just work on it better. It's okay, in many ways.

Started polishing the fret ends. Definitely did some more damage to the fretboard. But in the end I looked at them and they were smooth. That pleased me!

Supersetted polishing with 3 sets of 15 pushups. Felt good.

Squats - some reps were jumpups. Also 3 sets of 15. Almost twisted my left ankle when I randomly decided to put it in the back, a-la split squat. Gave me a small scare! Who could have thought.

Reading an interview with Matt Pike - of bands Sleep and High on Fire. This guy sounds way too much like me, ha ha.

Ok, I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep this video on my hard drive, or upload it anywhere else, but I wanna keep it here. A jam, before I got to polishing the SQOE.

Actually, I'm gonna upload it to Youtube as well, to compare quality.

Ugh, if only I didn't leave the Musescore guitars playing along me, then the playthrough wouldn't have been as unappreciatable. The midi sounds gets in the way of guitar very much. Okay for playthroughs for yourself, but not for self-recording. (I'm not talking about this video)

Well. I might upload the playthrough as well, since I'm only gonna post it here.

Did some rubber pulls, but then it was too late. That's about it for today then.




The same vid as the first one, but uploaded to Blogspot directly

Random pic of the day
Roman jewelled ridge helmet, first twenty years of the 4th century CE, iron, gilded silver leaf, glass, gems. From the "Berkasovo treasure", Muzej Vojvodine, Novi Sad (Serbia). On display at temporary exhibition in the Colosseum (aug 2013), Rome, Italy.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR