Ordinary forum ghost

 16.03.2022

Nice day. Very good, in fact. Was a little bit busy yesterday, out of the house for a part of the day. Didn't sleep much between monday and tuesday, then slept a tiny bit during the day. Managed to fall asleep early. Melatonin is working well. I often wake up partially and can't go to sleep after that, and with melatonin I can.

Been enjoying a really cool album. Really juicy, varied in many ways. Here's the link: Druid Lord - Relics of the Dead

Been enjoying my coffee from a large cup, rather than small one. You know, it sorts of aerates the taste. Had decent sleep today.

Managed to buy oldschool "adaptogens" - i.e. herbal stimulants. Now I'm doubting if I should be taking them, cause they're alcoholic extracts. Even if I take just a teaspoon - it might be too much. Rhodiola Rosea and Schisandra Chinensis. Sure, it's believeable that they barely do anything. Now, however, for once I wish to believe that doing some does do something else, rather than nothing. Cause these plants have become quite a traidion for me personally, over these years. I wish I had better diaries from one year ago. I have some salvaged training logs from dinopower on my old pc. I oughta fetch em and upload em somewhere.
---

Had two portions of coffee. One normal, one double ground. It tastes bitter. Yesterday was tiring due to the lack of sleep. I wanna play music. It works, though. The caffeine. Good times. Good "parasitic expression" - "good times". Makes me believe that the "good ol' times" are now. And they are! We're moving back to better days, shedding old tortured skin. We shall rise and stomp down! All of us, all of mine, we won't back down!

Coffee is so bitter. I wonder if it's cause it's old. It's been exposed to air for a long time. I wish I knew a good way to store coffee.

I need more fun combat games. Fallout games get old quickly, but they are fun, and can be. If only Bannerlord was sort of a faster game, like Prophecy of Pendor, then it'd be so much mroe playable. I recently updated it, by the way. And I think I deleted some stuff, so I have more free space on my SDD. Will I end up playing anything? Likely not. Except for the guitar, ha ha! I'll do it now. Get a new portion of coffee and practice. I have an idea for the "fill" part, something of similar role to chorus and verse but smaller.

Training session

Deadlift

Warmup - small

50

100

150 for 3 overhand

190*2

230*2 easy

240*2 nice

250*2 pretty easy

255*2 second rep was slow through the knees

257,8*2 nice, first rep RPE 75%, second one 80%. Got two sticking points and used my neck for boosting. Not sure if it's right, but it's something. By the way, that is technically a PR! 2.5 kgs below my former max for two reps! Great.

And that's it. That's all the heavy stuff I do on DL days. Maybe a tiny bit more stuff of some kind, eh? Like squats. We'll see.

The median on today's working sets was 246,56, and that is 85% of 290. Nice! Of course, it's easy to trick this counting system. I have to put extra effort into recovery - food and sleep.

Сurls, EZ bar, mostly drag curls

17 - 2 sets of 20 - just some endurance oriented pumping. Gotta do something rather than nothing!

37 for 20 - pretty hard, muscles feel empty

47 2 sets of 20 - better, moderate cheating. It's much easier if you grip the bar hard!

My arms got pumped so hard I decided to measure them, but before that I also did some tricep extensions with a rubber band - couple sets of 20, medium (feels around 20-40 kgs).

Measured both of them at 45+ cms. Nice! They have never been so even before.
And, of course, this kind of work might be counterproductive to my pushpress efforts. But it also might not! There is no conclusive evidence that an occasinal pump of muscles that "get in the way" is actually detrimental. But devoting a lot of attention to them, will of course, be not good for the main thing, because of simple substraction. That's why jacking off might be bad for working out - not cause it's gonna do something to your hormones, but because it simply takes up a lot of effort and is like a tiny workout of something that you don't really care about. How funny!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR