Thursday, 3rd

 03.02.2022

Nice day. Roughly the same as yesterday, but I got more excited at the start, cause I did repeatable quests and I felt succesfull in my work. Fell asleep later again. Woke up, had one portion of coffee. Felt a rather moderate effect. But I didn't come off of all of the "highs" of yeterday, which is somewhat abnormal for me. Usually I'd lose everything and tire out after a night of sleep. Thankfully, and surprisingly, that wasn't the case today. I felt enough energy within me to have a "light barbell workout". Cause, you know, going to the garage increases the difficulty of the workout significantly.

Bench press

Warmup - small

20 for a lot

Then - only 10 rep sets

50 - 70 - 80 - 80 - 80

Nice, every set was getting lighter and lighter.

Drummed for a while - only snare drum. Did 8-1-8 for a warmup, then I practiced my left hand work, 8th notes and 16th notes. Not bad, satisfying.

Squat

10

50*10 all very tight, cause I'm not in weightlifting shoes

50*10 with heel support - better

70 - 2 sets of 10 - nice, got a small pump

---

Quite some time later

Did another repeatable quest. Took care of the house and one of the acolytes. Now I'm doing a cool complex - L-flies, stick shoulder stretching a-la snatch, and some bar hangs (5 sets in the end). Getting a strangely strong pump all around.

I did a lot similar stuff around may and june 2020, and I suddenly get a meta-idea: what if stretching for a proper movement is more important than actually growing muscle? Well, the way I phrased it it sounds like nonsense, and it is. My idea is this: the angles. What if they limit strength progress? What's the point of a strong muscle if you can barely move it? You care about the events, like the overhead press. If you're too tight - your strength is limited by the short angles. Gotta get em in place! Be like Big Z, he had really good technique.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR