Wed-thurs, 12-13 - Really nice DL, cardio question

 12.01.2022

You know, if you got a body part that you rarely train - you should still do it. Training it once a month is infinitely better than never. Take my neck, for example. Not very interesting in doing, plus doing doing neck curls (not extension) can easily make me nauseous. But my neck feels so good today, somehow, despite lotsa inevitable headbanging in between DLs. Which is a good sign, it's a sign that my DL is going well.

Deadlift

Warmup

190*4

215*3

225*3 super easy

230*3 smooth

235*3 very nice and smooth

That's it for the garage. Gotta leave upper body for tomorrow.



13.01.2022

Nice day. Some... mess, I guess. This time not just mine. Not a problem.

Two smaller portions of coffee

Late night light workout

A long warmup - kinda wanna do some cardio and feel a very special kind of cardio high, ha ha. Gotta do it more often. I think I used to do a lot of it in summer 2020.


Supine ring pullups

A few reps with different techniques and 10 normal

2 sets of 10


Pushups

4 sets of 15


Fun cardio complex

10 squats, 10 funny clean and presses of 2 kg dbs from the bed, 10 light rubber pulls - 5 rounds

Took one break at first to untangle the rubber, else it was it rather quick (not instant though). Feel like I gotta do more. This didn't take enough time to be cardio. But I am sweating in my heavy sweater.


Squatting jacks 10 reps + alternating light rubber pulls 10 reps per arm

5 rounds, no long breaks, Might have done six, but it's unlikely. It can blur together in your head. Hope I don't get dementia later, ha ha!

So I was wondering. Cardio is about keeping your heartrate elevated (it's not necessarily jogging or doing stairmaster etc.) What if I did the same thing I did now but with 2 minute break between each round? That would technically make the heartbeat stay up longer. BUT it would be easier, which feels counterintuitive. I guess it would make sense to do something like this for longer, if you just care about feeling your heart. But surely doing it faster wouldn't be less good for your heart?
Well, one principle I do believe in unequivocally is that you develop what you train. So... it should work correctly, considering I'm not gonna go into deep sleep after doing these rounds?

Also squatting jacks are an extremely fun exercise. It kind of makes me feel like I'm flying, cause I'm helping my body move with the inertia of my arms! This feeling should be even stronger if I take dumbbells in my hands. Next time. Hope I don't forget about this exercise now. Sweating profusely atm, but not too hard. The room is cold. Hope I don't catch any disease, ha ha :)

Trained my neck a tiny bit - neck extensions

Random pic of the day - at the start

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR