Wednesday and Thursday, 29-30
29.12.2021
Nice day. Very quiet.
Woke up way too early. A little foggy from that. Cold weather in the house. Nutrition - 7/10. Had lotsa coffee. Was way too distracted later. Started kinda late.
Overhead press
Warmup
90*5
96*5
97*5
100 - 2 sets of 5
All nice. In fact, surprisingly strict, pretty much bodybuilding style. That's how my technique becomes at the start of a program. It's gonna take some time to redevelop my joint flexibility. Also I think that super wide fur belt disallowed me to push my belly (and pelvis) forward, which is what you need for proper overhead press.
Squats
2 sets of 15
2 sets of 15 - 27 kg front squat, pretty hard.
Due to my "distractedness" I was way more energy that I could have. You waste a lot of energy when your session is too long and you're not concentrated on what you're doing.
That's about it.
30.12.2021
Nice day. Woke up early again, but at a more normal time. Decent breakfast. Lotsa coffee. Got jumbled, definitely, but not too strongly. Back in the day it'd felt like someone hit me over the brain with chair. Now it's just a little messy. Simple side effect of good ol' caffeine.
For a while I planned for today - thursday - to be a light day, but i kinda wanted to do more stuff and get my squat back on, but after some bodyweight squatting I concluded that yesterday was more taxing than it seems. So I kept my exercises to my room.
Suprine ring pullups, feel on the floor
3 sets of 10 - easy, but muscles keep telling me something about the lack of endorphins and/or recovery
Wanted to train my arms again after a while.
Curls
6 kg dumbbells - 4 sets of around 20 reps, drag curls - they feel nice for my right elbow
17 kg dumbbells - 1 set of 20 - harder, I don't recommend doing curls too slowly if your goal is physical culture. Do it fast, keep your CNS engaged. Doesn't mean you have to heave and cheat.
I think it's kinda better for someone like me to do light curls, cause that way I'm more likely to do them consistently and keep my cellular energy up, and thus open good potential for heavier arm training sessions.
Squatted a bit in between sets of curls. Isn't it curious how your joints and connective tissues feel so much better after the first set of an exercise? Bloodflow and such, has to be. I knew more physcial culture science in the past, oh yes I did. Like how you really need creatine in your muscles if you wanna stretch them well. Else you're gonna tear them, either on small or large scale. That's why most people who do yoga just weaken and stretch their ligaments rather that actual muscles. Problematic.
Random picture of the day - apparently this building is called "the gherkin"? Ha ha.

Comments
Post a Comment