Monday, 6th
06.12.2021
Nice day so far. Energy level higher than before. Played a lot of New Vegas yesterday. It crashed so much.
Did some repeatable quests today. Having 120 beans of coffee over three cups. Hoping to not find any maggots today.
---
Coffee is awful for me, man. What an awful habit. 20 more beans and I feel wrong.
Feeling okay physically, but feeling like I'm losing a hold on myself. "Uninhibition". Not too strong, thankfully. I really don't like it.
Deadlift
20*10
60*5
100*5
130*5
150*5 easy enough, still overhand
180*5 hook grip - my hook grip isn't exactly tight, it kept slipping out. The bar is soft, and I had little chalk on my hands. I reckon it's preferable to do straps and do overhands later. Should I do some today?
180 - 2 sets of 5 - straps. Nice and explosive, good acceleration off the floor. A bit shaky at the end of the middle set, did better in the third.
Squeezed my dynamometer for 89 kgs (right hand). Nice, only 5 kgs away from my best! Did some light grippers later.
Squat - sets of 10, normal shoes with plates under heels
60 - 80 - 100 - nice, breathing is better
Spent some time taping up the heavy bag with a plastic bag and scotch tape. Now the top is covered, so it should be much less dusty.
Carried it upstairs - nice and easy, then managed to hang it sufficiently high with one hand, holding it with the other.
Did one 2 minute round mostly practicing my jab, then one round a bit more all-round - remembering old combos, and then one round practicing jab-jab-straight-hook combo. I ain't much of a boxer, I just wanna be able to do something. Well, I've been a little slow today. And the room ended up being dusty after all. Hopefully less dusty though. I could see dust pouring right thround the punch markers though. Hm.
Carried the bag downstairs - it was harder. Funny. Low energy, but still wanna do stuff.
A long break
Floor-supported ring pullups (medium-easy)
3 sets of 20 - instant cramps on the first set (radial muscle), so I used a monkey grip on the second set. On the third set I pulled more to the sides, so I used my mid-back more.
You know, I really have to devote some attention to my neck. I don't like how I can barely hold it up when I'm benching. It used to be stronger.
Neck extension with a harness - 5 kgs, 3 sets of 15 reps - it got easier the more I did it
Lying neck curls - 1 set of 15 - much more nauseating than extensions. Surprising!
Decided that was about it for the day.
Random picture of the day
Remigius Adrianus Haanen - Returning Home

Comments
Post a Comment