Monday, 20th
20.12.2021
Nice enough day. I've been a little too upset with the smallest things lately. Reacting strongly. Curious psychological effect. Not sure what it's been induced by, but I have a couple guesses. Well, I'm aware of it. I'm aware that I just might be more pathetic than I look. But hey, at least I don't look so bad. My psyche feels like a shredded rag. It's still there, but if you pull on it it's gonna fall apart.}
Sounds. Hearing any slightly unual sound really strains my nerves. not very nice. And that's independent from coffee. Of course, coffee might not be too nice for me either. But it doesn't uninhibit me as much. In fact, nowadays it's been calming me, sort of.
---
Angery. Just a little angery, ha ha. Now it's transforming. Into a power that's quite catabolic! I.e. it's gonna help you expend energy, rather than accumulate it.
Man, I oughta listen to more new music. I think I should just have a "New" folder on my player. I bought a Sony Walkman USB-style player in 2012. It's been serving me quite nicely ever since. This summer I thought it finally died when it got uncharged, and I bought another player, kinda much worse, but then I tried rechardging the old one it worked again.
---
Well, nice workout today. And it's not even over!
Deadlift
Warmup
70*10
120
160*8 - that's 62% of 260 (current actual max)
165*8
170*8
175*8
180*8 nice, not too hard. RPE 6/10, I'd estimate. Well, it's in the name - "rate of percieved exertion". And that was 62% of 290.
Unloaded the plates - I always consider it cardio, he he.
Carried my heavy bag upstairs - decided to carry it on my shoulders. Stumbled into the walls once, while going upstairs - that was hard, balancing it. Lifted it with the left shoulder - that was harder, cause my left shoulder is harder, made my abs work as stabilizers in the most pecular twisted way. Now I wanna do some heavy bag work. Gotta accent the speed! And speed of pulling my arms back as well. It's important, or so the coaches used to tell back in the day.
Wrapped up my hands. Practiced mostly my jab for one short round - don't have too much energy. Started adding right on the second set - decided to leave my right hand out of it for today, wrist is hurting a bit more than I'd like. I'll train it later. Should practice different punches with the left. Gonna be more ambidextrous.
Third set - pretty cool, comboed double jab intro duck and hook with the left only, and then an uppercut occasionally. That's the combo I tried. Wanna heal my wrist. How to do that? I'm gonna order frickin batteries for the vertical mouse. Might be more useful one day.
Lifted the bag to my shoulder once and decided I'm not gonna squat with it. It's so messy. Really need to put it away now.
Carried it downstairs in one go - that's an improvement compared to last time. It weighs 55 kgs. Probably way lighter now, after filling up my lungs with its innards, ha ha.

Comments
Post a Comment