Nice enough day
09.09.2021
Hmm. Okay. Nice enough day. Not much to say. You know how people have a "will"? Well, sometimes people want things that oppose each other. Then the will is split. Not a good feeling. You'll miss this feeling when you're numb, or tired, or distracted. But you just have to be frank and honest with yourself. Just admit to yourself that you're wrong and you're trying to delude yourself with complex mind machinations.
And what to do after that? Well, you have to build something up from the ruins of your will. Something that can withstand all potential damage. And how do you go about that? Discipline. Consistency. Not slacking - when it really matters. And there's always something that really matters - don't allow yourself to miss it.
Well, that's about it for my little mystical psychological tangent. Now on to my day.
Not gonna lie, I've been slacking, not providing sufficient overlook to some of the members of The Order. Been slacking. Sleeping during the day. Tommorow I have a good chance of fixing my sleep schedule slightly - cause I'm not training.
You know how they say it's healthy for humans to sleep for two 4 hour periods? That sounds quite reasonable to me. Bascially you don't do anything relaxing and just fall asleep earlier. Then, when you wake up at night you can do all those easy things and go back to sleep. It might be harder if you look at the screen all the time.
I gotta learn to be awake at around midday. That'd be good.
Been wanting to play Conan Exiles after I realised that it's going to have all the elements of Fallout 76 but in medieval settings. And it's one of the few games that actually has spears! And Manowar were being inspired by Conan at some point. I might have to delete some other games if I want to play it.
Had a batch of new coffee. Tastes nice, bitter and strong. Even after I re-brewed it. CNS doesn't have the energy - not full, anyway. But feels good enough. You just gotta know your limits. I do train 4 times a week, after all. And after my main exercise I do small things, some of which might be excessive.
Squat
20 - 50 - 70 - 100 - 120 - 140 for 10 reps - very nice! I feel like my cardio is better and my squatting shape is very good at the moment. Possible better than any time this year. And I only wore a belt on 140 - and I kept it loose. Knees and wrists feel okay.
Overhead press 50 for 20 randomly, as I was unloading the bar
Before 140 on squat I carried a unit of flour from a warehouse, spilled some of it and got it all over myself. Had to shower. First I wanted to just have a sponge bath, but then I realised that shower is in order. It feels great when you can find water that's actually cool and doesn't warm you up at all. Cool, but not cold.
Some time later - having tea in my quarters, doing some curls as I wanted.
Light curls and spring lat pulls for warmup
Seated one arm dumbbell curls, concentrated
24 kgs for 15 right, 13 left - not too strictly, taking breaks. Actually feels hard. Then 10 reps each.
Poser curls, 3 strings on an expander - 2 sets of 15 reps
Random pic of the day
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment