March 04th
04.03.2021
Nice quiet day. Thank God for that.
Recorded a second part of my "greasy_jam" in the morning. Had a nice load of rice and semi-spoiled pork for breakfast. Spent some time surfing teh interwebs. Spilled tea on the keyboard, put it on the radiator, plugged it back in after some time - it wasn't functioning properly. Ordered a more expensive keyboard online and requested a return of the first keyboard. Hopefully, the new one is going to indeed be more waterproof - and have easier to see buttons. Because the RGB lights on this keyboard don't light up the letters very well, if at all. The keyboard got dried out in the end, and now it works properly once again, but I still would prefer to upgrade it.
Then I did some more things, had a large cup of about 150 beans of coffee. It was already too late - I was thinking of doing heavy DLs today, but I made a turn in my plans and decided to have a light session.
Warmed up with some mobility squats - light overhead squats, and some other general moves.
Rubber lat pulls 30 reps
Floor supported ring pullups - 2 sets of 30 reps. First set delivered me instant brachioradialist cramp, so I made sure to keep my forearms prone on the second rep. That made it harder, in a way, but I didn't get cramped. On the final reps I even did them with just my wrists - no hands.
One arm dumbbell curl - not too strictly
31 kgs - 8 left, 9 right - slowly, i.e. less heave
Then 12 and a half left, 15 right - more heave, felt nice. I believe it's important to train your smaller muscle groups like that from time to time. Cause isolation is just quite unapplicable to life, you know. Gotta develop better CNS connections.
And then I got a late delivery of another impulse purchase - a set of classical strings, Dunlop Flow pickups - my favorite ones, and a book of medieval music transcribed to guitar.
Took me a while to string up my super cheap classical guitar, and I played a bit. Tried to read the medieval tabs, had to realise that I do have to flatten the third string by a semitone. Played "Saltarello" - a song that I heard of before - and enjoyed it massively. I think I'll experiment with copying these tabs into Musescore so it'd be easier for me to learn.
Another thing I'd like to start working on is melodic scales. They're still quite a mystery to me, and I'd like to learn to play them anywhere on the neck, and in the right key for the song.
Random pic of the day - Eumeces schneiderii, commonly known as Schneider's skink or the Berber skink, is a species of lizard in the family Scincidae. The species is endemic to Central Asia, Western Asia, and North Africa.

Comments
Post a Comment