Wednesday, Dec 09
09.12.2020
Deadlift
215 - 3 sets of 3
207,8 - 1 failed rep with hook grip, really slapped my finger, then 1 good rep
And that was it.
I was recording the vocals for the contest song. I think I'm not going to keep anything I recorded today, but I did give myself some vocal guidance for the future - possibly tomorrow. There's little time left until 14th. I was generating a lot of popping in the mic - first I tried my condenser, then my dynamic. I should've tried the condenser with foam as well as the pop filter. Instead I went with my old option, but this time I didn't really control it too well, and blew a lot of air into the mic. Watched some old and new tutorials, tried to figure out reverb and delay - I like the kind of reverb that sounds like you're in the field, or at least you think it sounds like that - long, but not very loud. Oh my, I really want to rerecord everything. I posted my track in Farvann's discord today (only instrumental), so I might as well post it here.
Here's the soundcloud link - https://soundcloud.com/4n09/death-on-the-ice-lake-instrumental
And congratulate me, I fonally learned how to embed audio onto blogger :D Apparently you just copy the embed code and put it in the htlm version of the post. I didn't know it existed!
A very curious thing for the "r4nd0m th1ng 0f th3 d4y"
You can't take me seriously now, can you? :)
Recently I was reading Ross The Boss' wikipedia page, and noticed a supposed link to the page about the album "Denial of Death" by Brain Surgeons, but instead it lead me to this page - this is a psychology/philosophy book by Ernest Becker, and it strangely coincided with my last "random thing of the day" - it showed me a possible perspective on myself, about how I'm creating meaning for my life by making up an immaterial higher persona of myself, someone who does something meaningful. You'd think it'd be sad or depressing, but somehow it's even more inspiring for me. This purported realisation of the illusion of meaning in human life doesn't convince me completely, yet I do believe that it reflects "actual reality" (which, I guess, is my own schoolboy term for the unachieavable reality that reflects the absolute objective truth). I do believe in truth. I choose to believe in it. I believe that there's meaning in creation of meaning.
Comments
Post a Comment