Great wednesday, Dec 02
02.12.2020
Nice day. Had to train very late in the evening. Spent the day watching the movie "Us" and recording my new song for Farvann's songwriting challenge - I do plan to make a whole proper song with lyrics, vocals and even a video clip made mostly of stock footage of nature. Farvann is firmly associated with black metal, but his channel isn't associated as firmly - his channel is more of an extreme metal comedy show, it's pretty great. Here's a short link to the challenge video - video
I've already written more than a half of the song, and recorded about a quarter of guitar parts. Let's hope I can meet the deadline.
Had a lot of coffee today - didn't even count, which is actually quite alarming to me. First I had 150 beans, then about 80.
Overhead press
Warmup
100*4 - put the belt above my waist, a-la for pushpress and regretted it, but it really stiffened my torso and made the press a little too hard
100 - 3 sets of 4 - nice and easy, bouncy castle style
Pushpress
50
70
100*1
120*1 wrists all painful
142 - almost
142 - wrapped up my lower forearm (cause that's where the tension from the wrist strain appears), prepared very well, without overhyping myself, had extra liquid. Pushed it very nicely and held it at the lockout point for about 2 seconds - I only needed to straigten my elbows for my to count it as a lift. I was leaning back pretty hard, right on my belt. It felt very nice to get to that point. But, alas, I was once again reminded of the necessity of proper preparation and thorough training. I needed to reinforce the movement pattern better, which I did do last time, but clearly, not in a sufficient manner. So I did some of the required accessory work.
Front bar quarter squats, hands holding the bar
100 - 2 sets of 10 - I've read about this exercise being used by weightlifters a long time ago. Let's see if it's going to be profitable enough.
Then I was done.
Random pic of the day, perhaps?..
I moved it after my movie review.
---
A few hours later I finished watching Jordan Peele's "Us" (2019). It, most definitely, is a great movie, possibly the best movie I've seen in the last couple years. Would unqestionably rate it 5/7, if not higher 😉 Here's a short review:
At first, the movie seems to be a nice combination of horror and comedy. The jokes are rather subtle, mostly grown from a smidgen of absurd. The horror is rather soft. (I personally liked how some of the scenes didn't trigger my "ptsd", if it can be called that (I hope not) - that means I moved on from some of the things in my past :D) So, the first two thirds or the fim are a nice blend of comedy and horror, delightfully served with a sense of style and atmosphere. The last third of the movie reveals deeper metaphorical meaning behind some of the earlier scenes, gives you something enjoyably peculiar to think about. I'm not gonna spoil anything anymore. It's an absolutely lovely piece of film. It's going to be imprinted in my mind for a while. In fact, it might be one of those rare movies I just might watch more than once.
---
Here's a promised random pic of the day -
Mirozhsky Monastery is a 12th-century Russian Orthodox monastery complex in Pskov, Russia, famous for its frescoes, located in the Christ's Transfiguration Cathedral. The name of the monastery is derived from the name of the Mirozha River, since the monastery is located at the place where the Mirozha joins the Velikaya River, on the left bank of the Velikaya. The catholicon of the monastery is one of the two pre-Mongol buildings which survived in Pskov, and contains the frescoes of the 12th century.


Comments
Post a Comment