Dec 23rd, Wednesday - A lot of fun, a couple issues

 23.12.2020

Overhead press

60*12

80*5

90*3

103,1 - 2 sets of 3

103,1 - 2 sets of 2+1 - had to take a small break in both of these sets after failing a third rep.

110*1 easy enough

I was really distracted, to be honest. My training has been super minimized recently - pretty much just the worksets and nothing else. I didn't breathe correctly on some sets, didn't have proper CNS warmup. My sleep has been quite messy. Lately I've been waking up before 4 am on some days, and waking up too late on some other days. And today specifically my CNS had to experience some slight addition pressure before the workout. But, thankfully, it wasn't too much. I think I should take showers more often, it feels like it really helps me stay relaxed overall.

I also think I overstretched my left shoulder joint while sleeping - just putting my shoulder up, that lead to some pain. Gotta make sure to not do it anymore. That led to arm imbalance today, from what I cna gather. Diet is sort of poor too, but not too bad. My biggest problem right now is distraction. And a couple of other things. (I put "a couple issues" in the title because it's a common expression).

And I gotta stop distracting myself with music. It's quite undisciplined of me. I'm taking too much time for one workout, and even though the tonnage is small - it's still an additional drain. Don't have long training sessions, even with friends. You gotta know when to relax. For that same reason you don't do heavy deadlifts for thirty reps rest/pause, even though you can. It's the same thing. Not enough benefit, too much damage.

In other news - I received my new hihats yesterday and realised that none of my cymbals match each other now. Those new hihats are pretty cool though - open hat sounds like a ride, they're super heavy, closed hats sound okay too. I want to buy a Meinl ride, but I really think i have to get better at drums first, else I'm just an obsessive buyer. Those new hihats (Brahnner) were super cheap though, so that's good. Also received my guitar wipe, so I decided to finally change my bass strings. It was awesome. My bass is all clean now. But, most importantly, I realised that I'm a noob and the stock strings on my bass were just garbage. They were too thin and dead from the start. Well, you could get decent tone if you tried hard. But my new cheap strings are almost infinitely better. They're just awesome. So during my training session I just went to another room, plugged the bass into an old "boombox" that we have and jammed a lot. I even recorded myself a bit. Maybe I'll upload it.

After the session I played bass for 2.5 more hours, practiced a random groove that I wrote until I wasn sick of it and couldn't play correctly, then I played some more and recorded this part somewhat ok. Anyway, here's a pic of the package of my new strings. I heard a lot of european metal bands use Alice.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR