21 oct - massive day!
21.10.2020
Great day. Didn't get too much sleep, just about enough, had a very light breakfast - mostly carbs, did some stuff, started hacing coffee, first I had about a 100 beans over multiple cups, then about 60 over three cups. Some emotional distress due to some things, but kept well under control.
Overhead press - doing 77,5% of my max (roughly)
Warmed up in my room - lots of different flys (not flies), some lower body warmup too
39*15 ez bar
60*15 in the garage
80*5
95 - 2 sets of 5 - easy enough, mostly just muscle, no heaving
97,8*5
Then i crazed out and decided to do something - put on 120, held it in my hands, then did the same with 150, then unloaded the bar back to 120
120,3 for 1 rep - PR +4,7 kgs :D I will upload a video.
Made sure to really trick myself and feel like it's a light weight that I'm gonna just pump my muscles with in an explosive manner - an elaborate ruse helped me avoid an upleasant feeling of too much adrenaline that I typically have, it almost got to me right before the set, but I threw it off, made sure to be a bouncy castle with a massive frame, held the bar with ease, and pressed it in a "musclebound" style (as opposed to an olympic style) - it's a way to press without overutilizing too much flexibility, and body heave, basically, it's the way to press if you have a rather tight chest from benching.
Then I unloaded the bar down to 60 kgs and got discracted, me and my little brother fetched a 3/4 quitar that we found somewhere in the house recently, and we put on three metal strings on it - the ones that I had from my last restringing, I decided to stop on 3 strings so they don't snap the neck of the guitar. We played around with it, I tried to teach my little brother how to fret, he can almost do it. The guitar creates a curious sort of FX sound when strings buzz against the frets, pretty nice, The guitar looks sort of well made tbh, I wonder why i can't remember it from before - I guess I just didn't pay attention to it, it has to be over 7 years old. Tuned it up to E-A-F# - the bottom three strings (or are they upper strings?.. lol!)
Downloaded a lot of different music today, but ended up listening to my current song with early version vocals that I recorded on monday - they're not too bad, I feel way more confident now (compared to my first song) - just have to remember how to flex the lungs correctly (I know it's not the lungs, it's everything around them).
Been playing minecraft a lot in the last three or so weeks - randomly found a nice server called CCraft, it's based in Canada, was rather warmely welcomed on my first day, so I didn't have a choice but to stick around and see what's up. First I just ran from mostly destroyed spawn, since anarchy servers are so popular these days, then I found a semi-intact village just a kilometer away - it even had one living villager locked underground! Settled in one of the houses, started mining, ended up making a portion of the village safe-ish - not really safe tbh, the mobs kept coming. Advanced far enough, build an enchanting table, then a spider farm around a spawner - followed a tutorial on youtube, it was really satisfying to finally achieve it. Farmed some bamboo and such, and at some point randomly decided to move away from spawn - btw, I fixed most of the houses and placed funny signs on them - something like "Dr. Labia's Convulsatorium" (sorry for bad humor xD) Randomly decided to move away from that village, found another one a few dozen kilometers further away from spawn, did a lot of work making it safe and cleaning it up from trees - it's a village in taiga forest, hard to move around when it's fully covered in trees. Right now it's starting to look more like a park, the whole biome, after I've been lighting it up and thinning out the tree density. Yesterday I built two spawner farms close to the village, it was pretty had, I ended up drowning when I crashed once.
Also yesterday I played some ESO after almost a week of hiatus, was sad to find out that one of my favorite guilds - Golden Goose - just stopped working, I guess most traders were too laid back, or it was contested too hard. I made sure to donate some gold to my other two remaining trade guilds, put up some items for sale as well, and then I dueled with a curious setup - double dual wield, very high pressure but low mobility build, I'm not gonna put too much details here. Dueled semi-decently, considering that last time I played ESO I ended up feeling like a total noob in this new ravenous proc meta (i.e. the game is unpleasantly unbalanced right now). Dueled one nightblade, he succesfully evaded me after a couple close calls and ended up dfeating me when my fps started dropping. He suggested I switch one of my abilities, but he was a noob, so that suggestion wads a bit silly, I had to tell him it's not all about him (fighting his style-build - i.e. the guy that runs away a lot). Switched out one set of DW weapons to 2h, added a gap closer - i.e. got more mobility - then dueled him again and got him after a juke/bait (pretending to start to lose, but not really). Then he invited me to a duel again and it ended up being rather boring, because he started to emphasize defence really hard. I left the duel in frustration (forfeited it), and then I had a discussion with someone about how the dueling in ESO is addictive. And it is quite addictive, a lot of pride is involved, and when you defeat a good/well known duelist your brain really rewards you. Doesn't feel too right when you realise the chemistry of this whole thing, but I don't believe it to be something actually harmful, because it is sort of (not really) competitive, so it takes a lot of effort for dueling to be rewarding, so you're unlikely to just deplete your hormonal storages on this kind of in-game addiction.
Tomorrow (on thursday) I might have to go somewhere for a while, but then I plan to do some nice back pumping - pullups and deadlift for reps. I might consider going with a really light weight for deadlifts for once in my life xD Last thursday I got really tired, but that was multiple loads coming together to tire my CNS. If I'm not careful enough, I might get too tired tomorrow, but I guess I shouldn't worry about that, for it doesn't seem too virtuous, although there's quite definitely a lot of merit in personal energy management, as well as in foreplanning in strength training.
Feeling really hyped for receiving a new mic and working more on vocals and drums of my current song. Maybe I could finish it before november! I really need to do more drum practice, as well as learn new stuff.
P.S. I forgot - after 120 I did 97*5
And
Squat
60*15
80*15
100*15
120*10

Comments
Post a Comment