Wed Aug 5 - Fri Aug 7
Once again, I feel a great urge to write, even though I'm away from a normal keyboard. Here's my wednesday session -
05 august 2020
Kettlebell clean & press - arternating arms
32*12
32*30
Then I decided to have some fun and juggle with it (flip it and catch it in the air)
Did a few reps with right and left, a couple times had to try and catch it with my two fingers, but dropped it on the floor. Then I looked at my hand and realised that I can't bend the fingertip on one of my fingers 😂
Long story short, I got operated on next day and had my tendon reattached. Now I'm not allowed to move, staying in hospital for the moment.
I didn't expect to have an operation so quickly, maybe I'll share my thoughts on it later, since I love talking about healthcare in different counries.
Some time later
Getting a fewer, must be from operation. Fewer dreams are really entertaining. Once I had a pretty severe cold and I fewer dreamt that my whole body is a city made of sandstone (also looked a bit like New York) and it was my duty to look after the citizens of this city, very much like SimCity.
There's one important lesson I learned (or rather apprehended) last tuesday: not everything that seems futile is so. I was doing an odd job for some of my acquaintances and the tool that I used kept malfunctioning until it broke completely. I thought to myself: "Perhaps it's all a lesson, or I should at least try to extract some wisdom from this situation." And I realised that I often overreact to seemingly futile things, and get an overly stressful emotional response to them, when I realise that I just wasted my time. But there's an old russian proverb that goes roughly like this: "If you try for long time you might get something." Plus, we as a human civilization evolved to have great endurance and keep spending our energy, be it chasing prey or building a pyramids. That's one of the important things that differs us from other apes - massive endurance, ability to keep filing through futility. The reason I'm writing all this down is that I want to really reinforce those new principles in my mind. Works quite nicely, from my experience.
Comments
Post a Comment