Saturday - jamming with my little brother + another small track?..
So, today started out very simple, ended up having a decent breakfast, recovery is about 70/100 I dare say (very good). Did a couple meaningful things, then I went dowstairs to make my coffee, couldn't help myself but to try and practice yesterday's lesson on drums - just doing the thing where you do 8th notes on hi hat, 1 and 3 beats on bass, 2 and 4 on snare, and then double bass and snare. Can't keep it for too long without making mistakes, plus yesterday I felt a little worried drumming at 4 am (just kidding, it was a bit earlier 😁) Then my mother and my two younger brothers suddenly came, and all asked to play, so I let them, while trying to make them do it along the metronome. Then they left. expect for my little brother, who enjoys playing with the drum sequencer on my phone while I work out. I brought my bass and connected it to an old boombox that we have, and through all the mess that happened we managed to get into rhythm. He got really hyped when I actually played the bass part from my song "Steel Of my Spear" (yes, it's the name, I'm thinking I'll just release it here soon without trying to re-record all the drums). It was lovely. Thinking of buying a condenser microphone and trying to record all the drums with it. Actual drum mics I probably wouldn't be able to afford.
Three cups weren't enough (73 dark roast beans). I think I want to re-boil them once again, despite all the disgust xD Once again, I'm becoming overly active. Shouldn't waste that energy now, get to benching sooner. I'm think of doing 100 kgs for volume, perhaps 4 sets of 12? Should try and protect my pecs from tearing.
Caffeine does not make you more sober. I should really go downstair already.
I guess I'm still very much a child, since I'm still looking at toys in the internet stores. Right now I came up with an idea to buy a teapot which I could paint like my cup. My father was quite a jester, so he bought me a cup with an elephant and note with read "Im very strong". Now I wanted to paint a teapot like that. Running low on energy rn, after a session.
01 august 2020
"Tiny bench" press
100 - 4 sets of 15 - PR in volume, very nice. Sort of failed last rep, couldn't lock out my triceps, so I just dumped the barbell on the rack as my brother filmed it.
JM press
60 - 2 sets of 17
50*17
In between sets we ended up playing drums to Lord Of Steel and Fighting The World (Manowar albums). I almost managed to replicate the beat on Fighting The World (1st song in the album). I noticed that a lot of Manowar beats are similar to each other, not all of course. I listened to every album at least a dozens of times, except for Hail To England and Gods Of War, they just fell out of my scope. And I have a lot of their CDs, too bad I didn't buy Battle Hymns MMXI when it just came out. I was in the store, contemplating, but didn't buy it for some reason.
Then I did some power flies with 25 kg plates, felt pretty hard.
Bodyweight - around 107 kgs. Measured my arm to be 46 cms after benching, left is at 45,5. Very nice!
Some time later, as I was watching this video https://youtu.be/cwPVFY1romk I realised my hi hat and cymbals are getting stuck on the thread of the bolts, so I went and covered the top bolts with scotch tape. Now I expect much better hihat sound, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow.
P.S. Much later
Ended up recording a little thing I wrote yesterday after drum practice, something that I wanted to drum to, something for the bass and curious passages and intervals. I called it "Tytthus Theme", because that's what random wikipedia page suggested. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tytthus
Here's the track:
Tytthus theme!

Comments
Post a Comment