24 august 2020 - good training session
24.08.2020
So, I felt pretty great after saturday. Decided I was in a good enough shape to attempt my failed bench press. Thought about it and decided to not practice drums before the session - it probably does make me a little tired. Had 79 dark roast beans over three cups, then 39 more over two. Didn't go crazy, thankfully.
My ancient mp3 player's battery finally gave out, so I listened to my CDs on an old boombox - first Into Glory Ride, then Fighting The World.
So, I felt pretty great after saturday. Decided I was in a good enough shape to attempt my failed bench press. Thought about it and decided to not practice drums before the session - it probably does make me a little tired. Had 79 dark roast beans over three cups, then 39 more over two. Didn't go crazy, thankfully.
My ancient mp3 player's battery finally gave out, so I listened to my CDs on an old boombox - first Into Glory Ride, then Fighting The World.
"Tiny bench" press
60*10
80*10
100*6 pec is splitting
110*6 prayed a lot, shifted my grip, so it was narrower and more weight was on the left. It worked!
127*6 kind of ugly
127*6 much better
127*5 - bad setup, unracked in a really unbalanced manner
127*6 - very good, high speed, all I needed was a break and an album switch (I started right with Black Wind, Fire and Steel on this set, it was awesome, as always)
JM press
60*12
60*12
60*18 or more, can't remember
I decided to play around and do explosive presses, even briding a bit. The key to explosive movements is acceleration - don't try to rip em right away, but accelerate instead!
Squat - knees forward, tried to get more leg pump today
60*10
80*15
80*24 had to stop because I was starting to fall forward on my toes a bit, but it was impulsive anyway (I planned to do 3 sets of 15)
80*15
Wrestling exercize with a 45 kg sack
10 reps
18 reps more explosively, got covered in sad even more. It's probably not gonna weigh 45 soon, haha.
Bodyweight - 108 in clothing, felt nice
Finished watching Lords of Chaos today. Poor kids. Don't want to write about anything else right now, or maybe I do. ESO released a new patch today, a lot of changes - they finally made almost all useless armor (etc) more useful. I wanted this for ages, but I don't play too much right now. Just making more gold every day, not participating in pvp or hard pve. I still am doing the Skyrim chapter main quest, I actually like it. Elsweyr was pretty boring, southern Elsweyr a bit better.
Couldn't help myself and ordered food delivery, two massive burgers and a pizza that I shared with my brother. Why am I writing about this? I feel like I'm on a spending spree. I've been trying to find an artist for my "new project", so i can have a cool thumbnail/album cover, I checked a couple different people, one refused, another one didn't answer, so I wrote to the person that did my Spire album cover and they agreed, it felt really nice to talk to someone pleasant online. That's one of the reasons I like Elder Scrolls Online, there's a lot of pleasant, polite, funny and witty people, so every time you talk to them you feel really good. Some people aren't too nice, in a very stark contrast, in fact, I decided to switch one of my trading guilds because one person was really negative about Russians in there. Maybe he wasn't, maybe he was just like me sometimes - simply unable to hold back overly sharp "humor", but I took offence at those words and decided to not support this guild by trading in it. I still buy there, because it's a part of our little "trading empire". Somehow, just supporting the traders in the same union as you feels good. And I wanted to buy ESO+ with this patch release, I think this might have to wait. Hopefully, I'll be making a tiny bit more coin in september, and a tiny bit would just be enough, I hope. I still want to upgrade my sound card. In 2015 I wanted to buy a masterrace PC, but I just stuck with this old sturdy laptop. Really cheap, really good, one nice exception to the rule. Maybe it's not actually cheap, but the parts are cheap - the processor, video card etc. Did i ever tell you how this laptop isn't actually supposed to be able to run ESO? That's what support told me once, when I was pestering them about the bug, when I couldn't log in for a very long time. I think that was in 2017, good old days. I wasted so many of my days just being negative. 2017 was somewhat ok, until I got "sadder" and started drinking, further depressing myself. I drank when I came from the army, then I decided to take a break from it, wasn't too serious, then I relapsed, I guess. One "sad" week in 2018 I was drinking every second day. I had to stop, so in august 2018 I stopped, so I guess it's been two years since I was sober. It still took a lot of effort to drag myself out of my "depression" - so many things in life were wrong. I'm not ready to share what it was though. But one of the things was my training, of course. 2020 was a blessing, since I managed to start it by beating my old "actual PR" - by 300 grams, a pair of spring collars. But at least I was much lighter than in 2015, which wasn't actually that good. Now I'm heavy and I feel great, so great and excellent I can talk about it for days. Now just because I'm heavy, but becuase the fire in my heart burns bright again. It burned quite bright for a while in my past, I felt exceptional. Then "things" started happening, life events, life changes, etc. Went to the army, thinking it was gonna change my life for the better. Maybe it did, in some way, i did get a knee surgery after all, and I also got way more neurotic - i.e. worrying too much, draining my energy. Not good at all. That's one of the things I started overcoming on 20th of may, 2020. I realised that worry and anger create catabolism, and that's just counter productive to my lifestyle. So every time I'm worrying I just stop doing once I realise how bad for my strength it is.
That's enough rambling for today. Such a great day. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, gonna pracice, learn and record drums, maybe even play guitar a little bit.
Comments
Post a Comment