Thursday

Last night my new drumset got delivered. Pretty great, turned out to be much bigger than I expected. Had to spend a lot of time assembling it while watching tutorials. The plastic seems to be nice, too. It has the company's logo on it, so I assumed it had to be at least somewhat decent.

Today I had my first lesson. I decided to go with the MusicCollege channel again for the start. Also I received my new picks yesterday, maybe I should post some photos. I'll post a pic from a store, maybe later I'll ever record myself specifically for this blog. One day I might come back to these old post and get nostalgic, just the way I love it. You know what gives me one of the biggest nostalgic rushes? Roiboos tea. Back in 2008, when I was a young carefree teenager I'd spend a serious portion of my days playing Oblivion and drinking roiboos, so now it just strikes me right in the head every time I smell it. I wish not to lose the feeling, so perhaps I should play Oblivion again to get an even bigger rush. I think I still have my saves from 2009, too bad I can't find some of the mods I used. It's been over 11 years! I also remember waiting to buy The Sims 3 in may 2009. First I bought a pirated version on the street, because it was so widespread back then. Then I bought a normal version in the store.
Today I'm having slightly over 70 dark roast beans over three cups. I really want the taste, besides the caffeine. Tommorow, however, I have to wake up and go on a heroic adventure and do some more cardio, same as on tuesday, except this time I'll have near infinitely more energy and concentration, and I expect myself to work with 300% efficiency. I'm thinking that in four or five hours I should be able to accomplish roughly 240% of what I did on tuesday in three hours. Sounds rather feasible. I only hope that it's not going to be too hot. I always have an issue with falling asleep after midnight. Some chemicals in my head are missing sometimes, I guess. Or maybe it's the opposite and it's the hormone you get from the sun, the one that keeps you awake, because of all the screens I'm looking at.
Gimmeradio sent me a letter in the mail, apparently they have some new program with even more music. Time to check them out!
Gimmeradio suggested I check out the band  "Skeleton" from Texas. They sound nice, vocals are too black metal though (i.e. boring). I liek my vocals to have a ton of passion and expression in them, possibly ruining the cords of the singer as well. I should make a list of my favorite bands, perhaps. It's not going to be too easy, I like different bands all the time. Used to like Saxon a lot, but I don't listen to them anymore. Although some songs are definitely still stuck in my head - like "Great White Buffalo", of "Wheels of Steel" 😁
I wanted to make music because I felt like I have something to say, and I still do. IN fact, every day, there's even more I'd like to say, but not everything is as important, of course. What a great feeling - to be inspired. I felt it maky times, was quite addicted to it as a child. I wasn't too creative as a child, of course. The best I could do was paint comics, each panel the size of the album page, so it was like a medieval fresca. I was inspired by two things - Asterix & Obelix and Leo Kassil's book "Konduit and Schwambrania". And, of course, Super Mario 3, that I played on my GameBoy advance. So my little comics featured some flying ships, a lot of fighting, continents, cities, war and conquest. Some relatively funny things. Most of it is, obviously, cringy, because it's made by a twelve year old boy. I think I watched "Asterix & Obelix vs Caesar" at least sixty times, maybe more. The theme by Jean Jacquies Goldman is forever stuck in my head. I'd surprised I didn't become a roidhead after seeing all the magic potion abuse 😁 I got lucky and was influenced by the angry natty culture when I was starting out my metal journey. I did, however, become a tea and coffee junkie after all this, lol (jk ofc)

You know what I hadn't done? I didn't do the second dungeon in the last ESO dlc. I only did Icereach, farmed it even, but I just forgot about the other one, so I didn't even get to meet one of the crucial characters in the right time. I think I'll buy my ESO+ subscription for one month when the new DLC releases. It's going to be hard to lost the craft bag again, when it expires, hehe. Do I really want to spend my nights gathering endless resources from all the surveys I've gathered? I was down to 100 or less in spring, from over 700. Made dozens of millions of gold selling materials. Now I'm reaching 30 million gold for the first time in a long time. Basically, it's enough to never have to spend gold on anything, unless you want to buy crown store items from other players (which is a lot like saving RL money, am I right? hehe). I heard them promising to make house gifting an option. They haven't really released any new houses that I'd like to buy. I wonder if they'll allow us to go to Dawnstar region again. One of my favorite quests in Skyrim was there, the one where you had to help an old man clease the dungeon from daedric presence, then you had a choice to do something. No spoilers I guess, especially since I don't remember anything.

My left pec has been twitching since last saturday, pretty weird. Back feels awfully stiff after yesterday - I think it has to be the combination of overhead presses with sleeping on my back for too long. Don't like it when it's stiff like that. I'll try to flex myself out of it today, by doing some light romanian deadlifts. I'd like to preserve some energy for my heroic deeds tomorrow. It's going to be an absolute ego fest, if I manage to do it in one day. I'll have my ego boosted to insane sizes and it'll take a lot of effort to curb it, haha. My forearms and hands are all covered in nettle bites, didn't notice anything yesterday as I was lifting the axle in the grass. Don't you love all the endorphins, right?
I really want to convey mroe emotion in this post, but it'll end up being just covered in smiley faces. What a lovely mood, I am quite energetic. Actually still not sure what I want to do for my workout today, since I did deadlifts on monday. I guess light romanian DLs and accumulation squat, since I forgot about it yesterday, all because I was assembling a drumkit. I'll play it more today, maybe I'll write a little groove on bass so I have something to play along to. Also I wanted to even out bass levels on my song, but to do it I'll need to play it through large speakers, since in my headphones I can't help it but love all the bass rushing. Maybe I'll distort it a tiny bit again as well, the old version sounded nice. My next item that I'll need to finally upgrade my home studio will have to be an actual sound interface, not a behringer ripoff Guitar Link. It's not bad, I think, but it's much worse than any alternative, which makes it sort of bad. Don't you just love paradoxes like this in your life? You know you're always changing the meaning of words when you can't express something perfectly strictly. Philosophy should help you develop your linguistic skills, if you really make it your goal. You can't express yourself well if you don't understand exactly what you're expressing.

By the way, this is my new drumset - 

I accidentally checked out my own channel again and noticed this music video 


It's from when I first discovered how to use Cakewalk, not too long ago. It's actually almost fully improvised, but I got so hyped I posted it on 9gag and now it has 600 views, lol
I deleted it from there, cause people were downvoting it and not commenting anything. I think it's mostly due to the unappealing guitar tone, and no one received a warning that it's going to be such a gloomy dark sound, so they didn't like it and didn't have any emotional responses either, just some boring stuff to them. But I cherish my former excitement, so I have to post this video here. It's going to be a rather long post, I think, I'm rambling a lot today. And you don't even know how much i'm enjoying it, I wish you could. Everyone wants to share their thoughts and be open to the world, everyone wants to be expressive, dramatic, extravagant, free. But most people don't like this kind of "strange" people, and just put them down one way or another. That's how I developed a somewhat angry tendency towards strangers in my youth, and that tendency basically made me less expressive. I've been mostly expressing myself in the gym, doing cool impressive lifts and than making sort of motivaltion music videos with them. Popular stuff, back in the day. And I'm gonna go and express myself even more right now, it's about time I went down to my stinky exciting garage and did some good old exercising.

30 july 2020

Romanian deadlifts
Warmup
100*12
110 - 2 sets of 12

Accumulation squats
Warmup
90 - 3 sets of 10

Parallel bar chinup - half range
10
14
Really happy about it, I just made sure to start from a flexed position, so my teres major doesn't have to work from a full stretch. Also I gripped the bar with just my fingertips on my right hand, it's ptobably not the best option, but should be good for now.

Now to preserve energy for tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR