Eighth and Ninth of July, Two Thousand Twenty A.D.

07 july 2020

The weather is getting to me. I feel like thunderstorms make people fall asleep with force. Awfully humid.
Possibly getting re-addicted to caffeine again. Had 70 beans over three cups, once again got distracted for a dozen minutes and then I just forgot about my session for a while. Re-boiled the beans, again.

Warmed up as it started raining heavily. Wanted to do side presses with a 60 kg barbell, like in the old days. Proceeded to our living room instead of the street. Could've been dangerous.

One arm barbell side press (more like a cheating one arm press tbh)
50 kgs - I think I did 4 singles with the right and 3 with the left, and tried doing 60 once. This kind of presses is all about being able to hold the barbell right. Back in the day I did it with normal olympic barbells, not chinese thicker bars. Olympic is so much easier to lift, with all the flexibility.

Considered doing something lower body-oriented, but decided I had to give my knees some more rest. I think I most likely have the overstretching to blame, the one I did list thursday. And standing with caved in knees too.

32 kg dumbbell + 32 kg kettlebell press
10 reps
10 - way harder to do it with the dumbbell in the right hand, funny
15 switched back
17 did some cheating, but I enjoyed it, didn't look too bad. Didn't get too pumped, interestingly enough.

Yesterday and today I tried recording one of my old midi compositions on a guitar, was a lot of fun, I just finished doing it, but it kind of turned out very bad, even by my standarts. I suspect it was written in a way that wasn't realistically suitable for guitars.

I'll write more tomorrow.

09 july 2020

Pretty nice day. Realised my appetite went down. Had some rhodiola, I'm think I'm going to keep taking it for the next couple weeks.
This time I didn't fail as hard as yesterday at drinking coffee, plus I managed to discipline myself into starting earlier. Had 63 beans over two cups, played guitar only a little bit, got to the garage right away.
Once again I didn't have an idea about what I wanted to do.

Deadlift
120*5
150*1
190* almost managed one rep overhand
230*1 straps, feels good
So I don't have to do any  regular deadlifts or squat above 160 to be able to pull 230 kilos. Felt rather easy, I did manage to put my legs into work. Lockout wasn't the cleanest, but it was ok.

BTK (below the knee) deadlift
190* almost managed one rep with a hook grip - I should keep trying to bring it back, I stopped using it in 2015 when it started to tear too much of my skin, now I don't feel it anymore, except for today.
250*1 nice

Got a couple nice "mental barriers" broken today, and, most importantly, my right side didn't cramp, I barely felt any unevenness.

Bent over rows from the rack
120*10 pretty hard, my lumbar region started cramping, tightened the belt
120*10 did 2 reps wide grip and 2 reps underhand and alternated them, was fun

Parallel bar chinups
2 set of 14 - pretty easy

Felt quite inspired today. I should have some kind of notebook to write down ideas when I'm training. Well, I have this blog. I wanted to write a song about Thor freeing asgardians from the poison that evil ice giants pushed on them - poison that made them strong, but corrupted their body and their soul. Well, that's roughly the idea. I obviously came up with this while listening to the song "Thor" by Manowar.

My songwriting process really has to change from when I was just playing around in Musescore. But, above all, I still have to come up with something in my head, and then just write it down and play it. That's the primal principle.

P.S. Did some gripper work

Managed to close my CoC№3 from parallel position while holding the wrist, left - still pretty far. Did some singles with Vulcan Gripper platinum spring at 4-4 (I suspect my spring is strongly seasoned). Did 80 kgs on a dynamometer, my best in the past was 96 kgs. I guess it's ok, considering deadlifts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR