First entry
I can't handle it anymore, I must create a blog. I thought it'd be too serious for me, a little worrying to let anyone access it. But I suspect that one of my favorite forums is about to shut down (I've seen that happen too many times), and I decided it'd be a good idea to finally create simply a corner for myself where I can come back and reflect on my thoughts.
I must apologize to myself in advance, because I decided that it'd be better if I typed faster, so I'm gonna ask myself in the future to not bother fixing all the typos. In fact, the way we communicate with ourselves is an extremely interesting subject. We all do it.
So, I was watching this video (by Eric Bugenhagen, who is quite a respectworthy guy in my eyes (for keeping his principles straight over a long period of time)) (this video - https://youtu.be/q7MMp0epbiM not gonna embed it) and I thought to myself -
Basically, recently (on may 20th) I really changed up my training style, after I did what almost felt like giving myself rhabdomyolysis. Simply put, I decided to train four times a week and finally add forgotten exercizes into my mix (specifically chinups and some pullups), so, basically, I'm specializing in chinups right now. I should post a txt file with my old training log in here. I could compile it all the way to even before I started training (lol), but it's on a couple different sites. Not sure if a blog is such a great idea for a training log. But I really feel like typing is a nice way to calm down, to feel like you're creating something.
Anyway, back to 20th of may - I think I'll post all my sessions since that day - that day I wanted to do some oldschool grow or die power volume that helped me break my squat "plateau" before (wasn't really a plateau) and do 170 kgs - 10 sets of 4. Failed miserably after 6 sets and felt like I'm dying. Plus I did stupid exercizes from a certain pseudo-athletic 10 million subs youtube channel and had a cramping muscle above my right glute (I remember looking up its name, but nvm).
After that day I made a decision to change up my training radically and spread volume over the whole week - to escape the dreaded bro splits that I used to like so much. And I decided to have less coffee, and to do that, I started counting beans, limiting myself to 60-80 beans for a couple cups of coffee before my training sessions. After almost a month, I have to say, it feels much better. I used to get up to 300 beans per pot of coffee. This was basically the quantity of american coffee multiplied by intensity of european coffee. Sure can ruin your nervous system and damage your sleep, and a couple other things I won't mention now. I always get so chatty on the internet in these moments. I bought really expensive guitar on a whim after I had coffee, and I don't regret it, God bless. I guess caffeine isn't one of those radically bad or good things. Why do we want to label things in black and white? That doesn't always make sense, I guess, but I debate myself on that matter every day.
What else, I think I wanted to talk more about my training, right? I'm one of those people that have constant monologues flowing through their heads. Sometimes you think quietly, and sometimes you can't help it but to talk loudly to yourself. I should look up why some people do it. Probably wouldn't be too easy.
I've been doing chinups on monday, squats&one arm presses on wednesday, hamstring work on thursday (the lightest day), and bench press on saturday, adding some accessory work when I feel like it. That's been my new training regime for almost a month now (exactly 4 weeks actually), it feels so much better than trying to go all in for 4 hours on wed and sat. I think my testosterone really jumped up too, but I'm not a scientist (not a biologist), so I can't allow myself to be sure about this.
Another point I've been working on - fixing my problematic points - right lumbar region (all of it, I guess) - it just gets too tight on heavy squat and dls, and then it gets way too sore, my right hamstring - my right leg doesn't fully bend, since I spent most of 2016 with a corset on my right leg (surgery after wrestling in 2013), and my tight left ankle (surgery after a fight in 2019).
So, that's three main issues, two of them can be solved with simple stretching, I think, and lumbar requires a stronger core and less skevage to the right side (my right shoulder is pretty low, mostly because of tightness, I think). All that stuff I should've been doing in late 2016 when I came home from the army. I didn't realize that my hamstring was in such a poor condition and it needed direct work. And overtime, after doing a lot of DLs with one weak hamstring I developed lumbar tightness. My dl turned to dust, while my squat remained ok, i started liking it more. I tried to fix that issue last fall when I ordered a new bar for my garage gym (the old one turned into a spiral, pretty much), and guess what - it took me six months to notice that the cnurling on the new was also really uneven, possibly contributing to my skewing.
I feel that the initial effects of coffee have worn off. It's gonna stay in my system for a while. Time to finally go downstairs and start warming up. I think I'll be posting my sessions here. Perhaps, I'll start doing more videos. I want to remember more about my life, even not the most interesting parts. There has to be value to it. Today I'm planning to squat 150*8 (light medium effort), perhaps some leg acc work (minimum), and high reps on 31 kg one arm press.
Here's my youtube channel, it has some passionate training footage - youtube.com/4n09
Comments
Post a Comment