Couple of sessions & my recent hobby

22 june 2020

Nice weather, I don't feel as sticky anymore. Spent a lot of time outside.

Narrow grip parallel bar chinups
Warmup 8 reps
+32 kgs *3
+32 kgs *4
+32 kgs *5
+32 kgs *4 and a half + some static hold
+32 kgs - 11 seconds static hold

Felt a lot of pump in my actual lats, quite a rare feeling.

Stone carry
70 kgs for a warmup
100 kgs - two walks for about 10 meters each (not sure, might post a video later)
Feels good. It's been at least a couple years since I last touched that stone. What a lazy ass 😁

Plate lift (for the lack of a better word) - basically, it's a stack of plates that I lift to my chest like a stone. Requires a lot of wrist control, because if it tips over to the front then you can't hold it.
100*1
120*1
140 - 2 attempts - got both of them to my knees (so, thankfully, that means that my back is in an OK shape), then they fell to the front.

When I think about it, doing stone & plate lifts after chinups might seem a little counterproductive. But, then again, I think it wasn't, since it went generally ok. My CNS was in a decently satisfactory condition. Measured my BW (bodyweight) and it turned out to be at almost 104 kg, which means that I'm steadily gaining once again. It's weird how summer is actually a pretty good season for mass gain.



24 june 2020

CNS wasn't in a very good state, let's just leave it at that. Had 2 tiny cups of coffee from 60 beans, normally it's not enough, but when you're not feeling too well it's gonna make you feel worse. I used to take four times the amount of that. I wish I knew how bad it was for me sooner.

Squat - not much warmup
70*10
120*8
140*5
160*8 - felt easy enough for the muscle, once again, felt some decent pump. Back in the day I never felt any pump (for a long period of time), that was awful. Didn't feel like I could breathe fully, gonna blame it all on how I felt.
I'm not doing a very high volume on squat because it's not the main priority right now. Fixing my right hamstring and a left ankle should be the priority. I think I'll go do some leg curls and see how my legs compare right now.

One arm KB press
48 + 16 kgs *6 left
*6 right
*5 left
*11 right
*6 left
Doing this primarily for my "lateral flexibility", plus I love overhead lifts more than other exercises. Actually, 48kg*11 for the right might be a PR 😀 Last time I did it for reps was in october 2015, I think I managed about 10. Not gonna check it, gonna feel happy instead lol. I know I got extra in the tank.

Parallel bar chinups - 2 sets of 12 - easy enough, feels good



Now I wanna write a tiny bit about a little hobby that grew into a bigger one. In december 2018 I discovered for myself an app under the name of Musescore - it was exactly what I wanted it to be - basically, a MIDI writing program that made things look simple (because it's a notation app). I've been playing around with it and trying to learn the basics of music theory, writing a lot of short tracks. Last february I got inspired and wrote a couple tracks that seemed uniquely good to me, so I really wanted to play them myself. First I bought the cheapest acoustic guitar possible, spent a dozen hours learning to play it from Andyguitar on youtube. He's not a bad teacher, but I think there's a lot he's missing out in his lessons. I really wanted to buy an electric guitar after learning more about it and how it makes sounds. Someone in a youtube video recommended that I look up to my favorite musicians and see if I can buy their kind of a guitar. First one that came to my mind was Ross the Boss of Manowar and other bands. He played a Gibson SG, so, after scouring the internet for a long time I ended up buying an Epiphone SG Special in ebony body. Some time after I bought a Homage bass. Been trying to play every day, getting pretty much addicted. Yesterday I spent at least six hours trying to record one of my songs. Maybe I'll post it here, but, to be frank, it's possibly not very good. Still I enjoy listening to anything I record. Anyway, I think that's enough for now, might write more later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 08-09, Sunday and Monday - Bench, PP, small PR, nice Olympic style Squat

grain economic flesh

September 14th - Engaging in a variety of hobbies at once, nonchalant grip PR